computer for farsighted...pls.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Data Max Pro Plus II has a new computer (released 2003) and the numbers are quite large and easy to read.

I have a friend who dives it and is extremely happy with all aspect of the computer. Not too sure on particulars but it is a very nice looging machine.....

Dive safe,

The readout on this computer is gigantic.
I have 2 of these computers (one for me, one for my son) just to be consistent in gear and enjoy the features and the ease of use/reading.

I have included the link to the Oceanic WebSite just to be complete.

http://www.oceanicww.com/Product.cfm?PL=comp&SL=proplus2

which has the features you like. If it's a wrist mount you can always do what I did last week with my Cressi...cut the wrist straps short and tie-wrap it to your console. Now it's far enough away for me to read and I don't have to remember to put it on my arm. Now if I could improve my memory with tie-wraps...

HTH,

Phil

dmdoug once bubbled...
Data Max Pro Plus II has a new computer (released 2003) and the numbers are quite large and easy to read....

As I look toward my big 50 birthday next month I hear you.

I orginally purchased an Oceanic DAta Max in 2001 exactly because it had a very large display. The largest I have seen at about 1/2 inch tall. But the computer is huge. But read on before you rush out to buy it.

I later learned that this dive computer (Oceanic Data Max) uses one of the more liberal dive programs on the market (or so I was told). Of course this was after I got hit with what the experts termed "Undeserved DCI". I do not blame the computer for my "Underserved" DCI, but do be aware that as a diver over 40 a liberal dive table may not be what you need.

I now dive the SUUNTO Cobra, whic is known for using one of the more conservative programs, with my personal settings set to P2 ultra consrvative.

Recomendation in order of expense:
1. Stick on bifocals. Cheap, and will stay on until you take it off. If it works, great, if not, just peel it off and you are only out a few bucks.
2. Contact lense in one eye. I dive with one day throw away lenses, right eye for distance, left for the guages.
3. Perscription lense, these can be made as bifocals leaving the upper for distance (or plain glass) and the lower portion of the lense for your guages. This option can run in excess of $180.00. They do make drop in lenses for some mask, but I do not believe these are bifocals

Thanks for all the advice. Extra thanks for the input on dci susceptability as age increases. That one will certainly play a part in the decision process now. Lakes freezing over here now, so time to hang out and annoy the LDS guys for a while.

Thanks for all the advice. Extra thanks for the input on dci susceptability as age increases. That one will certainly play a part in the decision process now. Lakes freezing over here now, so time to hang out and annoy the LDS guys for a while.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom