compressor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here is a picture of the electric model. I ran one last weekend for almost two hours straight at a airgun shoot, I filled everyones tanks one right after the other. Anyone who owns a compressor will be amazed to find out how many friends they have that need air.... They seem to come from everywhere. Curly

Yeah, I know this post may be a bout 2 years after the fact..... but I had to put in my 2 cents. (And no, Bruce did not put me up to this) I bought an Alkin w31 about 2 months ago (June 2005). I searched high and low. I looked at all the models out there. I looked at new ones, used one, military surplus... you name it. I bought an Alkin and I cannot be happier.

I also found that the staff at AireTex (Kay and Deigo.. hope I spelled that right) are Very nice and helpful. Great people to call and ask questions to. I did not feel like an idiot for asking questions most people buying a compresor should know. Also, this is the best part, I ordered it on a Friday from Texas, it arrived in Virginia Monday morning :)

I do have to recommend to anyone though, buy a storage bottle (444cf 4500 psi tank) or 2 or 3 of them. You will run your compressor a while to get them full but you will run it alot less to fill or top off tanks. This saves the internal parts of the compressor that bang around at the inital start-up (This happens on ALL HP compressors not just Alkin).

If anyone wants to see my setup via pictures or in person, please email me directly at contact@chesterdiveclub.com. I am 1/4 mile off of exit 54 on I-95 in Virginia (Lake Rawlings Area) Again, my opinion is non bias and this is not a publicity post for Alkin, just another diver giving his two cents.

Howdy!

I'll be down to Rawlings this weekend. Nice to see divers in VA.

Bruce,

What does the Alkin Mariner sell for? Have you shipped overseas? I am located in Dallas, but have recently bought some property on Utila in Honduras and am looking for something I can use to fill my personal dive tanks as we have a wall right of the beach...

Also, can you give me a thought on annual parts/maintenance costs and whether or not a layman can handle the maintenance. As I am in Dallas, I may take a trip over to your shop to see the compressor first hand. Thanks in advance for any info!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom