compressor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DRkumar

Reaction score
Anybody has experience with Coltrisub Compressors MCH-6 EM/Compact or Coltrisub compressor in general? I have an offer for US$ 2700. Is that reasonable?:bonk:

I think I rember reading that the coltri compressor was made by another company and just renamed, or maybe the other way around:bonk:

Do a search I know something along this line was discused a few weeks ago.

Coultri is also sold under the name Max Aire. In that price range a Bauer Jr. is a much better compressor. Suggest you look for a good used unit, it will drop the price by 40-50% over new.

Dave D

This is for an institution. So, I can't have used ones. The Bauer Junior model JIIW-H (single Phase motor) costs Euro3230 plus air frieght to India. But I learned that coltri sub is much cheaper in Europe. If the right price is known, I can bargain a bit.

Thanks.

The Coltri can be bought here in the US for $2300-2900, and a Bauer Junior maybe $3000-3300, and the general feeling here is that the Bauer is worth the difference. I'm told the price difference is much greater in Europe so you should keep shopping if you are set on the Coltri.

You mention it is for an institution. You are aware, I hope, that both of these are light duty compressors intended for intermittant service? Suitable for filling a tank or two at a time, but not for extended periods of hard pumping, or filling a cascade.

DRkumar once bubbled...
This is for an institution. So, I can't have used ones. The Bauer Junior model JIIW-H (single Phase motor) costs Euro3230 plus air frieght to India. But I learned that coltri sub is much cheaper in Europe. If the right price is known, I can bargain a bit.

Thanks.

The ALKIN portable compressor runs at 1200 RPM for long life and quiet operation. It has a very large filtration system with a refillable cartridge. This save you money and time. The ALKIN is the only new portable compressor that will fill multiple tanks and 4500 psi tanks. It comes equipped with both valves to fill the SCUBA tanks and the 300 DIN valve to fill 4500 PIS tanks. They also have a full one year warranty and come with many features such as a hourmeter that are expensive options on other brands. The ALKIN compressor has large Stainless Steel cooling coils for more efficient fills. Nobody gives you more for the money than ALKIN compressors.

The Curly One once bubbled...
Nobody gives you more for the money than ALKIN compressors.
That's a mighty fine looking compressor Curly... will it handle continuous blending... ie squirting O2 and He in through the intake to pump up some mix?

BTW.... Welcome to Scuba Board... commercial solicitations are taboo especially from low number posters... but I think this one just might squeak by if it isn't followed by anything blatant. :D

You signature line is fine... tastefully done.

There is about six companies using the Coltri compressor head including Max-Air. This is a very small lightweight unit. (good)That is good for the individual who is only filling his own tanks on occasion. They turn it at 2800 RPM to get the volume of CFM from it, that causes heat, noise and durability issues. (bad) The Bauer is a better unit that runs at 2100 to 2300 RPM. The Bauer unit in my opinion is a better compressor than the Coltri variants although a little more expensive. The best portable in my opinion is the ALKIN, Heavier duty, much larger filtration and cooling coils. The drawback to the ALKIN is that it is the heaviest of the portable compressors at 113 to 119 lbs. (113 gas-119 elec.)

As for the question of mixing gases it does not sound like a good idea to me but I am certainly no expert in that feild. I would have to say that would be at your own risk.

I hope that this helps answer the question with out sounding too much like a commercial solicitation. My post was more to let you know that there are other options and the pros and cons of each. My apologies to anyone who may be offended and I will delete both of my posts if asked to do so. I just found this forum and really enjoyed the jokes section but I had to throw in my two cents worth on the compressor question. Thanks, Curly

Sure is a Purdy Compressor though.....

Willer

Back
Top Bottom