Compressed Neoprene Or Trilaminate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TTT

Registered
Reaction score
Hello there guys just curious on what your opinions between compressed neoprene and Trilaminate suits. I am diving in British Columbia and wil be doing all sorts of diving.

Your opinions are greatly appreciated

Thank you

cheers

Trilam hands down. Compressed neoprene has no advantages if you wear a proper undergarment for warmth and aren't dragging yourself all over the wreck/reef/cave.

I'll chime in with my limited knowledge :)

I guess what I've heard so far (looking into dry suits as well) is that compressed neoprene is more wear resistant than trilam. But, compressed neoprene is much harder to repair if torn. I was looking for a suit that could hold up to wreck diving. Just doesn't seem to be the perfect suit for just that though:(

oharag

In terms of durability, it's hard to beat a good heavy vulcanized rubber suit like a Viking or a Nokia.

A heavy 420 or heavier tri-lam would be my next choice, particularly with kevlar kneepads, as it is durable and easy to repair.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom