Compass Recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jlouder

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey guys,

I'm looking into buying a compass to add to my Oceanic Veo 180, and was looking for suggestions for an average diver. Wrist, console or retractable? What brand? Not looking for the most expensive, just one that will reliably get the job done:)

Thanks in advance!

Suunto SK-7-Dive-Compass - Wrist

They go together like chocolate and peanut butter. ;-)

SK-7 and DSS boot/bungee; there is no substitute.

+1 to SK7 & DSS boot! You may get differing recommendations on the wrist vs. console placement, but you probably won't have many people come up with specific recommendations on other compass models.

John

add me to the list of the SK7 with DSS bungee mount.

The SK7 still works even if it is not very level. It mount it comes with leaves something to be desired though. Deep Sea Supply makes a bungee mount for it. Together it is the perfect compass!

By they way, I did not pry out my compass from the original mount. I got a very sharp razor knife and gently cut it out. I think Tobin recommends prying it out, but I could be wrong. I was never going back to the original mount, so I didn't mind destroying it.

Suunto SK7 is definitely the way to go..... never buy Uwatec.....
If you want it around your wrist, in a console,... that's totally up to you.....
Cheers

By they way, I did not pry out my compass from the original mount. I got a very sharp razor knife and gently cut it out. I think Tobin recommends prying it out, but I could be wrong. I was never going back to the original mount, so I didn't mind destroying it.

Be careful if you're prying it out! From what I could tell, the plastic on the underside of the capsule isn't all that thick. I thought I heard something crack when I pryed my compass out of the original mount, but all was well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom