Compare the MV Pawara and the Sawasdee Fasai?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SharkEsq

Cthulhu Hunter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey all - I'm contemplating another liveaboard trip this fall, and wondering if anyone has been on both the MV Pawara and the Sawasdee Fasai - and can describe the difference. They seem to do the same itinerary, and I presume they're run somewhat similarly (since it's the same company, West Coast Divers). Sawasdee has a few more beds (26 instead of 20), and is a bit bigger (37M vs 35M) - and is about 15% more expensive. But if anyone's experienced both and can give me a sense for the differences/similarities (quarters, common-space, food, staff, operations, etc.) that'd be helpful. I went on the Pawara a couple years ago (thanks stevenl!) and thought it was great - so just curious whether I should try the "upgrade" or not.

Thanks!

Subscribing. I'm doing Sawasdee Fasai 11/1 and MV DiveRACE Class E on 11/17. For us the big thing was an ensuite bathroom and AC. The Sawasdee Fasai is free nitrox just FYI, unsure about MV Pawara.

Subscribing. I'm doing Sawasdee Fasai 11/1 and MV DiveRACE Class E on 11/17. For us the big thing was an ensuite bathroom and AC. The Sawasdee Fasai is free nitrox just FYI, unsure about MV Pawara.

Pawara is also ensuite bathrooms and free nitrox.

Hey all - I'm contemplating another liveaboard trip this fall, and wondering if anyone has been on both the MV Pawara and the Sawasdee Fasai - and can describe the difference. They seem to do the same itinerary, and I presume they're run somewhat similarly (since it's the same company, West Coast Divers). Sawasdee has a few more beds (26 instead of 20), and is a bit bigger (37M vs 35M) - and is about 15% more expensive. But if anyone's experienced both and can give me a sense for the differences/similarities (quarters, common-space, food, staff, operations, etc.) that'd be helpful. I went on the Pawara a couple years ago (thanks stevenl!) and thought it was great - so just curious whether I should try the "upgrade" or not.

Thanks!
You're very welcome to book again :)

I do not consider it an upgrade, and would personally prefer Pawara, IMO better value. Food, staff, operations etc. will all be exactly the same.

Yes, same operator, same dates, Fasai is bigger and noticeably more space on board, but I am not entirely sure why the price is so different, your main issue will be - are they available on the dates you want.. very popular.

Fasai had openings in November but may have openings still for sooner.

Ill be on the Pawara in Jan. Let me know what you decide and appreciate a trip report :).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom