Communication In The Army(Or The Lack There Of)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was TDY-with written orders- from my base in Ga to Dover Del for 30 days. The shuttle (C-141) ran up and down the east coast every day. I asked if someone would bring my paycheck up. The CMSGT in charge of the flight line said I had some nerve asking someone to bring my paycheck while I was AWOL and ordered me back to base. I had to take the shuttle down, wave the orders in front of his face and pick up my check, then take the shuttle back. Talk about a lack of communication.

We swore there was a directive "Those directly involved will be the last to know."

that was a great post..I loved the directive quote at the end....
My son was to go to Korea a few years back and ALL his possessions were picked up and sent there. After that his orders were changed to Iraq and he only had 5 days to close out his house, store whatever was left, etc. and you all know what etc. means.... So while in Iraq, he recieved notice that his korean shipment was returned to his home base and he only had 30 days to deal with them there or else.......
One would think being in iraq was trauma enough..........
Then while in Iraq my mom became very sick and was dying and I contacted the Red Cross and after two letters from them to the Higher Ups, he got permission to come home and spend a last few days with her....however, he would have to arrange for and pay for the entire trip.... At that time there were no commercial flights out of Iraq. Duh......
He could see the smirk on the faces of the higher ups.....needless to say he never made it home.......needless to say emotions were running high and more military caused trauma endures.........
To each and all military personel I give my heart... The system is not easy to endure.....
Off topic, when I requested time off at work to attend to my dying mother, my supervisor was not happy. I was due under the Family Medical Emergency Act.
Her comment to me as i submitted the paperwork was..."hopefully she will die quick so you can get back soon"
So rest assured the private sector is @#$%$# too. jerks are everywhere........
Coming to Florida in the near future and hope to get in some awsome diving and escape the rigors of life topside........
thanks again for all y'alls service...glad i am not speaking German and Hope we never have to speak Arabic......
Mary (Sorry this is so long)

marydiver:
Off topic, when I requested time off at work to attend to my dying mother, my supervisor was not happy. I was due under the Family Medical Emergency Act.
Her comment to me as i submitted the paperwork was..."hopefully she will die quick so you can get back soon"
So rest assured the private sector is @#$%$# too. jerks are everywhere........

You should have reported her. Not only was her comment heartless, the fact she gave you a hard time about it was illegal.

... So rest assured the private sector is @#$%$# too...
Yah, I was just going to bring that up too. I had to make a 6 hour drive for a drug test after the "random number picker" at a nuke plant selected me as the winner.
I haven't worked there for about 5 years but its easier to keep the clearance up than it is trying to explain at some future date why I declined to take it. :11:

Back
Top Bottom