Commercial

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gehadoski

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi there
I am from Egypt and I live no in Kuwait. I am certified as PADI Rescue Diver and looking for job in the field of commercail diving can anyone help me in finding a job in the that field or tell me what to do.

Hey Bro,

Your going to need to get your certification to work for any reputable company. check out www.longstreath.com for information on schools in your area.

Right now the job market is really hopping in your area, things have not picked up to much in the states yet which is a little disturbing...

If you have any questions let me know,

Jeff

Jeffrey M. Lane
I must be certified to apply in any job in the career of commercial diving. I am certified as PADI Rescue Diver, I don't know if this can help me? would they give me the courses. I will tbe honest with you, I am graduated from Business Administeration in Egypt, I worked for 2 years in the field of information technology. I feel that I belong to the salt water, I really like to start my career in the field of commercial diving. I feel that this is the real career and the real diving. But I don't know how to start. For your knowledge I am now in Kuwait unemployeed and looking for job. I think that the field of commercial diving would be good in here.
I hope that you can help me in anything (advice, where to go, anything).

Hey Gehadoski,

It is looking like the best deal going overseas right now is in South Africa, you guys are diving based on the HSE system in the US we are on a different system of regulation...

You really need to have the commercial certification to be marketable, being able to work for all the companies in the region...

Did you check out www.longstreath.com?

Let me know if you have any questions OK?

Jeff

rmediver2002
Thanks alot for your help. I sent e-mail to the companies in my location in the site you gave me but there is no reply. What are the ADC (Assosiation of Diving Contractors) should I take and how much does it cost (in your location in US Dollars). I don't know if I can pay for these courses or not. What if I take the courses and they don't agree to work with them? this mean that I will lose that money.

gehadoski:
rmediver2002
Thanks alot for your help. I sent e-mail to the companies in my location in the site you gave me but there is no reply. What are the ADC (Assosiation of Diving Contractors) should I take and how much does it cost (in your location in US Dollars). I don't know if I can pay for these courses or not. What if I take the courses and they don't agree to work with them? this mean that I will lose that money.

ADC is a group of commercial diving contractors (companies) in the USA. Our employment regulations (OSHA) for commercial diving have been with very few exceptions unchanged since 1978. ADC has made a consensus standard that is more stringent (and safer) than the minimum OSHA standard.

In the US commercial dive school runs from $2000 (Youngs Memorial) to over $15,000. The training is six months long.

Check out IMCA recognized training, IMCA is an international standards (non-regulatory) agency.

http://www.imca-int.com/

This site is another good resource.

http://www.diveglobal.com/special/commercial.asp

As far as work after training, it depends where you would like to live. It is not always easy, sometimes when work gets slow you will have to be willing to move to another region or wait for work to come. While working the money is great, but rarely is it sustained enough to reach the estimates of salary given by some of the dive schools ($100,000 - $150,000)

Jeff

I checked out the sites. Thanks alot for the wonderful information you gave me. You were very helpful. I will contact the petrol companies and marine services in my location (Kuwait) I wish That I can find in the commercial diving department, I will try to apply to any of this companies and they support me with courses financialy.

Thanks a lot, Dive safe

Back
Top Bottom