Commercial Post!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sh@rkW@tcher

supreme yak diver in charge
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
It's a shame that this forum has become a commercial operations promotional venue, rather than what it was intended for - a forum to exchange information on fossil diving, arrange dive meet-ups, show off and brag about your finds and find new dive buddies. In the future, please refrain for promoting commercial operations. We have a place under the Info section to include links for business, if your business is not listed and you'd like it listed, please PM me and I'll include it. All future post promoting commercial operations, or solicting customers will be deleted.

Thanks
Mike

Last edited:
Hi Mike,

The forum ToS clearly states the rules on commercial postings. If you see anything contravening those ToS, please report it (Report! button) and the Mods will take the necessary action. :)

Hi Mike,

The forum ToS clearly states the rules on commercial postings. If you see anything contravening those ToS, please report it (Report! button) and the Mods will take the necessary action. :)

The last time I checked I was one of the moderators for this forum. We have a current thread for posting links for commercial operations. I'm trying to prevent this forum from becoming a "troll for customers". If you'd prefer I'll call advertising "off topic". The purpose of this forum is to promote diving not provide free advertising.

The last time I checked I was one of the moderators for this forum. We have a current thread for posting links for commercial operations. I'm trying to prevent this forum from becoming a "troll for customers". If you'd prefer I'll call advertising "off topic". The purpose of this forum is to promote diving not provide free advertising.

LOL, and based on the "ads" in your signature, isn't that a little like letting the fox guard the hen house? :D

Seriously though, there is a lot of "customer trolling" here but I sort of look at it as a fair trade off for the information they provide about finds and dive conditions. JMO

And besides, it's kinda slow here this time of year anyway. If it weren't for Dive4LifeSW I wouldn't have anything to read.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't have any control over what people put in their signature lines and I'm not interested in controlling it. I'm only interested in active "customer trolling" in the forum. If anyone feels the need to solict customers...do it in PM's please.

I don't have any control over what people put in their signature lines and I'm not interested in controlling it. I'm only interested in active "customer trolling" in the forum. If anyone feels the need to solict customers...do it in PM's please.

That's cool. Be careful though, I'm watching you. :D (NOT!)

Seriously again though, and JMO, this is a great forum for what's happening off Venice beach and the pros (including you) do add a lot to that.

Last edited:
I can honestly say I haven't seen a whole lot of "customer trolling" here... IMO I feel the input provided by these seasoned professionals far outweighs any hints or suggestions of promotions for their business. Furthermore I do agree all discussion of private charter or boat for hire should be confined to P.M's only! Just my 2 cents. :wink: Its been about 2 months since I've been on here, so maybe there's some stuff going on here I haven't seen yet.. IDK...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom