Coming to Seattle, need suggestions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Drop me a line too ... I'd love to dive with ya. Lynne's got more free time during the weekdays than I do, but I'm usually available after about 4 PM or so ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

NWGratefulDiver:
Drop me a line too Coach ... I'd love to dive with ya. Lynne's got more free time during the weekdays than I do, but I'm usually available after about 4 PM or so ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

ABSOLUTELY! Man, you must be an early riser!! isn't it like 5:30 a.m in your neck of the woods right now? Dang! How far are you from Bainbridge Island?

A 25 minute ferry ride takes you from Bainbridge to Seattle.

There's one shore dive I know on Bainbridge, and Bob and I tried it a few weeks ago, but the viz was so awful we completely missed the structures we were trying to find. I've done it from a boat, and it was awesome.

coach_izzy:
ABSOLUTELY! Man, you must be an early riser!! isn't it like 5:30 a.m in your neck of the woods right now? Dang! How far are you from Bainbridge Island?
I'm typically up by 4:30 ... at work by 6:30 ... out of work by 3:30 ... and diving by 5:30 ... :D

I'm a half-hour drive and half-hour ferry ride from Bainbridge ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

NWGratefulDiver:
I've got a couple extra tanks too ... :D

Garage.jpg

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

OMG :11: Split fins!!!!!

Ben_ca:
OMG :11: Split fins!!!!!
You'd be amazed what you'd find in that garage ... I know that on occasion I am. What you see there is about half of it ... for example, the yellow Force fins aren't pictured ... :wink:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

TSandM:
A 25 minute ferry ride takes you from Bainbridge to Seattle.

There's one shore dive I know on Bainbridge, and Bob and I tried it a few weeks ago, but the viz was so awful we completely missed the structures we were trying to find. I've done it from a boat, and it was awesome.

My friend points a place to me whenever we ride around. As we are leaving Bainbridge, we cross a bridge and my friend tells me that it is a popular shore diving spot. He is also my business partner and will be relocating there in a couple of months. Perhaps then I can hook him up with Bob so he can get proper diver trainer :)

NWGratefulDiver:
I'm typically up by 4:30 ... at work by 6:30 ... out of work by 3:30 ... and diving by 5:30 ... :D

I'm a half-hour drive and half-hour ferry ride from Bainbridge ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Thanks Bob! Half hour ride is pretty close. I do not really count the ferry ride as I use the time to get out of the car and enjoy a hot cup of clam chowder while enjoying the views and the breeze.

Has any of you ever dived Orcas Island? The water there looks gorgeous

coach_izzy:
Thanks Bob! Half hour ride is pretty close. I do not really count the ferry ride as I use the time to get out of the car and enjoy a hot cup of clam chowder while enjoying the views and the breeze.

Has any of you ever dived Orcas Island? The water there looks gorgeous

Coach; You can also give a call to UWS or send an e-mail to:
www.underwatersports.com

UWS has eight stores, lots of good staff who will be good guides. They will have the rental gear, the EAN etc.

If, on the other hand, you have some SB folks who will meet and greet, take you under their BP/W you are more than "good to go" enjoy your diving.

I haven't dived Orcas -- I've read about a couple of sites there, but they sounded pretty current-sensitive, and involved long surface swims.

The San Juans are better done from boats, as I understand it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom