Coming to Kona this weekend-how's the weather?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, Ohau had the power out what 2 weeks ago? Captain Cook also, donÃÕ know how long. IÃÎ in Kona and have not had a problem.
Weather?
Seas were a bit rough today, been up and down surf. Nothing major. WouldnÃÕ stop me from boat diving. Would be looking and thinking for shore dive put ins.
Here is a link to the satellite Big Island VIS Java loop if that works.
And the selections from Satellite-Mauna Kea Weather Center
Here is a web cam KONAWEB - Online Resource for the Big Island & Kona, Hawaii The cam click is in the yellow bar at the top Left side.
And Live Surf Cam Hawaii - Big Island Webcam Directory, you may have to scroll down past the advertising to see the cameras.

Been the usual clouds develop over Hualalai by mid day, wetter looking south, dryer north. Vog has let up considerably, had some stunning gorgeous days. Seems coolish, I have been wearing a sweater in the AM to work, blanket most nights. Have a sweater on over a tank top and shorts right now. Humdiddy in the house @ 7:30 51%, temp is 79. No wind but have not been complaining of it being muggy, can't remember last time I turned on a fan.

Might rain tomorrow, probably isolated if...the usual subjects (locations) and less likley for the weekend. Rain here in the Kona specific is usually isolated showers and they may be rather intense but brief. Dry one block, next block pouring, next block off. Been some showers at my house, no big deal. Last noisy rain was Friday afternoon I think.

I should add I quit trying to predict the weather further out than....If I hear rain on the roof, I am pretty sure it is raining.

What was that I said about predicting the weather? The forecast was pretty nice looking forward yesterday. Today Yahoo says

KailuaKona, HI

SEVERE WEATHER ALERT
Forecast Details:
Mostly cloudy. Slight chance of a rain shower. High near 80F. Winds WSW at 10 to 15 mph.

In fact on Yahoo just changed as I was typing from chance of showers to heavy rain in Kona in the first glance desktop.

I had to go close all the jalousies and mop up inside due to tropical horizontalpour. Have to go squeegee off the flooded lanai's. Now it is only heavy rain. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom