Coming Oct31 to Belize

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jessid

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello My boyfriend and 2 friends are coming to belize for a long 3 weeks vacation. We are booked at Hugh Parkey on Spanish Lookout Caye from Nov4 for 8 days. After our time tehre we have no concrete plans but have thought about maybe a day or two on Roatan in Honduras and go inland to the waterfalls. We are staying at Rithies Cabanas on the 19th and 20th for Garifuna days in Dangriga as well and then leave on the 21st to head back home to Vancouver BC canada. Any one with suggestions on how best to get to Roatan and affordable places to stay?:idk:

You can get to Roatan everyday by boat from Punta Gorda or on Saturdays from Placencia or fly any day of the week. I assume the waterfalls you want to see are in Belize? If so, there are some you can easily get to from Placencia or Dangriga. There are lots of affordable places in Placencia - you can check some of them out on our website Splashbelize.com.

Just a note...while it is possible to get from Belize to Roatan you may find that the time and expense are not worth it for just a day or two. Ralph, is there now a direct boat to Roatan? The only boats that I have heard of go to to places like Omoa and Puerto Cortez. In those cases, you would need to make your way to La Ceiba and take the ferry. If you want to fly, you will more than likely need to go via San Pedro Sula and possibly stop in La Ceiba. While I love Roatan and go there often, I think the time and cost are a bit much for that short a time. If you were doing a week in Roatan, that would be a different matter. Just my $0.02.

There is not a direct passenger boat to Roatan. When I go there, I use my own boat. It takes from 4 to 7 hours depending on weather conditions and takes at least $B 1 000.00 just for fuel.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom