Comfo-Bite

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DementialFaith:
I think the back ones are also a bit softer... making replacing and zip tying easier. Still, our local aqualung lds doesn't seem to keep the clear ones, and I suppose the reasons are mentioned above. (Ah... if only I didn't toss that entire seacure into the not, boiling water...)

Solved the mystery today: I actually bought the black comfo-bite from a LDS. It was $9.95+tax but I got it @ $8.95+tax.

The black one has the SAME part number as the clear comfo-bite. The black one has a larger opening at the connection point. It fits my Oceanic Omega II perfectly.

The only way for me to tell is that the black comfo bite has a note on the LDS package that says it is an APEX comfo-bite. I also checked this item with other Aqualung 2nd stg mouthpieces like the LX and the Calypso and the black comfo-bite is the same one you'll probably want to get, as a replacement most of the time.

work4mike:
The black one has the SAME part number as the clear comfo-bite. The black one has a larger opening at the connection point. It fits my Oceanic Omega II perfectly.

There are actually 5 different Comfo-Bite mouthpieces made by AquaLung......

109438 - Black silicone standard size for Legend, Legend LX, Titan LX, Apeks
105838 - Clear silicone for Micra and Micra ADJ
105848 - White silicone, small size, for Micra and Micra ADJ
105884 - Clear silicone for Conshelf 21, SE2, SEA, XIV
105885 - Black silicone for Conshelf 21, SE2, SEA, XIV

The 109438 is the one almost everyone seems to prefer and the one that fits most brand of regulators. Thanks.

Phil Ellis
Dive Sports Online
www.divesports.com
(800) 601-DIVE

PhilEllis:
There are actually 5 different Comfo-Bite mouthpieces made by AquaLung......

<snip>

Phil Ellis
Dive Sports Online
www.divesports.com
(800) 601-DIVE

The PERFECT answer to this mystery. Many thanks for compiling the list Phil. It definitely serves as a reference.

Back
Top Bottom