Come Dive Alaska

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would come up closer to May. As the days get longer and warmer later in the summer, there is alot more plankton in the water so the viz isn't so great.

Lingcods? Iiiiiick! Oh well, somebody's gotta eat 'em I guess. :wink:

No worries, we do have great diving here if u ever want to come visit and do some diving w/u come on up.... Just had a friend come up and it cost him 365. for a round trip ticket...U could stay here for free and the boat diving and tanks and weight r free.... Anytime

yakivet:
Sitka Diver- I owe you an apology. After doing more reading on this Board, and doing research into diving SouthEast AK, I realized that I owe you an apology. Many a time, on this board you actively promote the diving of Sitka. I've spent some time fishing in your home town, but have never been below the surface. Next time I'll finish the research before I interject any criticism. :42: Ken

Have u ever been diving in Sitka??? Sould stop by on your way by and do a dive or 3....

Divesherpa:
Diving in Alaska is still my favorite. I moved south to do caves, then the caribbean, now caves and reefs again. I can't wait til August (15 days of diving and fly fishing in the POW area).

Been up and down the west coast and Alaska has the best diving I have seen... 100ft viss in the winter 20-30ft viss mostly all year..anything u see u can eat like all our shellfish... Was just stating that we have better water here clearer not full of waste..

sitka diver:
Been up and down the west coast and Alaska has the best diving I have seen... 100ft viss in the winter 20-30ft viss mostly all year..anything u see u can eat like all our shellfish... Was just stating that we have better water here clearer not full of waste..

Thanks for clearing up the viz. If it looks like I can put something together in the next few months, I'll let you know. Dive Safe, Ken :42:

Right on if we get some good weather we can dive off shore... Have u ever done any cavern or caves? We have a kool lava tube we swim through up here but u need good weather to get out there to do it.... Was wondering if that guy seakdiver from Samson tug and barge has ever dove it before??

yakivet:
Thanks for clearing up the viz. If it looks like I can put something together in the next few months, I'll let you know. Dive Safe, Ken :42:

Ken if u would like to do some spearfishing too I know some great spots.... I have A friend that came up in Feb. to do some diving... Hes comming back in the 3rd weekend in June for more diving he liked it so much...

sitka diver:
Ken if u would like to do some spearfishing too I know some great spots.... I have A friend that came up in Feb. to do some diving... Hes comming back in the 3rd weekend in June for more diving he liked it so much...

sitka diver:
Right on if we get some good weather we can dive off shore... Have u ever done any cavern or caves? We have a kool lava tube we swim through up here but u need good weather to get out there to do it.... Was wondering if that guy seakdiver from Samson tug and barge has ever dove it before??

Its probably been 10 years since I've done any spearfishing here in the PNW. Might be fun though. Havn't done much with cavern or cave diving but as long as the conditions are safe and the right precautions in place, it might be fun. Thanks again for the invite. Hopefully I can put something together this summer. Both you and "seakdiver" have been very informative. Its been a while since I've ventured into the cold water here in the PNW. Since 1992, and married life, most diving has been warm water trips. Let me get my cold water feet wet again down here, then I'll venture north. Thanks, Ken :42:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom