Combining Quseir diving and a 3-day trip to Luxor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rcaqua

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all,

COVID threat lessening (although not disappearing altogether), family and I are prepped to go diving again in October, Red Sea is easiest option this time around, Quseir Movenpick seems a good choice to accommodate all tastes. Participants are clamoring for opportunity to go to Luxor for a few days (Karnak, Valley of Kings, etc., which many of us have done in the past).

Two questions:

1) Any feedback on Extra Divers, which is the Movenpick based dive club?

2) Any suggestions on how to insert the Luxor interlude: best to book only the transfer (Quseir -Luxor, the Luxor - Hurghada airport) and reserve a suitable hotel in L. individually, or is there a way to have an open-jaw flight arrangement: Geneva-Hurghada and Luxor- Geneva?

Any suggestions and tips would be most welcome!

Best.

Rene Aquarone

Are you still there ?

El Quseir is my favoured dive destination, usually staying at the Flamenco ( next door ) or Radisson further down south at the road crossing never been to the Mövenpick except for a look around , nice protected bay. Extra Divers are OK very pro, have been diving with them in Makadi Bay.

To go downtown Quseir take one of the local Red Sea Taxi, just walk to the main road and hail them down, if there are busy they will alert a colleague to come and pick you up ) trip cost "next to nothing"

I have a few photos here .

There is a direct road from Quseir to Qift through famous Wadi Hamamet which is used by hotel staff going home on a leave, but I heard this road cannot be used anymore by foreigners/tourists and there is police checks. That would be a 3 hr drive to Luxor.

Normal road from Quseir would be via Port Safaga 4,5 hr drive. Just want to add I go to the Red sea only for diving, never been to the Nile valley.

Back
Top Bottom