Combined tray for both SL DC1400 and GoPro H2?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For two finger sync each camera had its own strobe.

Generally both cameras captured light from both strobes & everything was fine.

Occasionally one of the cameras would catch the other strobe's light while the shutter blade was in transit and there would be a line across the image.

Even more rarely I would trigger each camera with enough of a delay that each camera only caught the light from it's own strobe. If the strobes are positioned next to each other this could still yield an acceptable image, assuming nothing had moved. If the strobes were positioned wide apart the different shadows could make the pair hard to view, but they were usually ok.

I only used the B trick with my macro rig as it is impossible to place the strobes close enough to get acceptable shadows.

For macro work the aperture is stopped all the way down so the strobes dominate the exposure & the B trick works (in CA waters).

For wider angle shots---i.e. side-by-side---the strobes are just lighting up the foreground subject and ambient light is used for the rest of the image. The B trick would likely fail to match the ambient light in this situation.

"Wow, you've got great timing. I would figure most shots would come out half frame or One Strobe Each.
My solution for OSE was to put both flashes in a soft box or umbrella to make the light sources as similar as possible.
Never tried it, thankfully.
Well, I did try an umbrella on one strobe once. Yeah, that did not actually work out. Go figure.
I'll have to try the 2 strobe method.
My stuff is mostly wrecks so it's so wide & back so far that I've rationalized not using strobes & going for the "natural" look.
Hope to get down to the Oryskany soon."

Back
Top Bottom