Combine dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

iztok

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Had a couple of OW dives while assisting instructor. During first dive we had short surface interval but long enough for computer to register as two dives. Is there a way to combine two dives into one on MyUEMIS or computer? It would be a very nice feature esp. for those who teach.

not that i know of... surface interval is surface interval... sorry...

So my only way is to delete one of the two dives so my computer number matches my paper log number. (8min dive + 16 min dive and a short surface interval between)

Not instructor friendly :(

Had a couple of OW dives while assisting instructor. During first dive we had short surface interval but long enough for computer to register as two dives. Is there a way to combine two dives into one on MyUEMIS or computer? It would be a very nice feature esp. for those who teach.

I opened a ticket today asking the same question. My buddy and I got separated while chasing crab today. I surfaced, spent about 4 minutes looking for my buddy's bubbles, then joined him back on the bottom (about 30 ft deep). My SDA is showing two dives for today. I'll reply back with the response to my question to Uemis when I receive their response.

Yeah we had 3 assistants and instructor and my computer was the only one that logged two dives.

We spent 6 minutes on the surface talking to the students.

So the reason you want this feature is so that your paper log matches your computers log?

fwiw, I believe it might have something to do with the algorithm, and it will count it as a repetitive dive for the bubble formation of repetitive bounce diving, due to the fact that there is an ascent all the way to the surface and time spent on the surface, allowing time for bubbles to grow before compressing them again. (at least that is they way i understood it from the slideshow presentation)

Calculating should be the same as it shouldn't depend on how you count the dives. Yes main reason is to keep the logs consistent. While teaching 6 minutes on the surface is not too unusual esp. when in bad viz and decent number of students.

I believe that this would be a good thing to have for those of us who teach or assist with OW classes. If you have computer that can be instructor friendly you open yourself to more students being exposed to it and thus more chance to sell more.

BTW: It could be as easy as having ability to add .x to the dive.

Say dive 172.1 and 172.2.

So you could have:

As i understand it, it is not easy to just change it. They are likely focusing their resources to get Dive Planner and Trimix to the market. Perhaps when those items are 'in the bag' so to speak, they will look at items such as this...

This is one reason not to use proprietary dive log software as opposed to paper or something like an Excel format. For all reasons pertinent to a dive computer a SI is a SI. However there are cases when a diver wishes to record a series of "dives" as one dive.

We have a local dive where my wife an I dive to a island. We surface at the shallow shore and drink a bottle of water for the sake of hydration. After 5-10 minutes we go back down, explore the island and when the time is right begin the return swim. Each leg of this dive is over an hour and they are certainly 2 dives. Since they are reciprocal and we never really leave the water or change gear we just add the totals and take the deepest, coldest readings for the log. Average depth is bogus so we don't have data for that on this dive. It's fun to log a dive as 2:38 in length!

Pete

Back
Top Bottom