Comal & San Marcos diving!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Paul,

Thanks for sharing the pictures! Thanks to everyone for joining us on the dives. Hope to see you all again soon.

I wish that I would have seen you guys and knew that you were board members. I would have said hello. I was doing some DM training with the OW class that was up there. That is my silver truck in the background of the first picture.

Great pictures too.

Heavy D Hey, me too! (wish we'd been able to touch base) Hopefully, we'll get to meet next time.
Bill

Truly what Bill said. We were debating doing the lower Comal but were unsure about how far down we would be able to go. It would have been a nice change to badger you with questions in person. :)

Last edited:
The river below the tube chute is pretty sweet, it get's shallow for maybe 300 yards, then after you go under the fist bridge, it gets nice and deep, probably around 6 feet average. it's cool to go around the walls along the side and play with the catfish underneath them, and there are crawdads in just about every clump of weeds. There are two set's of rapids that are pretty strong, and watch for the last public exit, if you miss it I dunno how you can get out.

Oh, and there's a waterfall also below the tube chute maybe 200 yards. You can't really see it underwater until you are right about to go over it. It's kinda painful if you aren't expecting it. Not that I would know of course, somebody totally not me fell over the waterfall yelling OH ******. Somebody totally not me. yes. well. Other than that, it's a really fun dive, especially when it get's shallow and you are flying along the bottom!

My buddy and I are heading down in the morning to dive the lower part of the river so your post came in good time. I've only dove above the tube chute so I've been looking forward to a new experience.

Thanks,

G

So you can get out of the hydrolics then? :)

I don't know if it helps but as your heading down stream, that little surprise waterfall has a very small tube chute to the far left.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom