Comal River

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A little observation from shallow river diving,,,,add a couple more pounds of wt. then you might normally wear for your gear configuration.....this will help you from looking more like a fishing line bobber!

Thanks, TX! I didn't have any problems with weighting when we went before, but the variables are different this time, am sure I'll have to play a bit. I could maybe try weighting like I would for a drift dive in Coz, and this would put me about 2 lbs over due to being fresh water instead of salt?

And Slipstrm, I didn't adequately thank you for the great map and directions! That's exactly what I needed, thank you again!

Foo

Hemlon:
Is there a way to dive the Comal if I don't want to use two cars? Is there a loop or something close to it so that I could get out, walk a short distance and drop back in?
Yes if you go around the backside of Schlitterbahn by where the "resort" is, you can park along the street and you will be about halfway between the put-in and take-out points. I'll see if I can get you better directions and a description. Just pm me if you're interested.

Heavy D:
Yes if you go around the backside of Schlitterbahn by where the "resort" is, you can park along the street and you will be about halfway between the put-in and take-out points. I'll see if I can get you better directions and a description. Just pm me if you're interested.

I'm interested! I PM'ed you for directions. Thanks in advance!

Foo are you and Donald still planning on this weekend things are looking pretty go for us to meet you there. The weather is suppose to be beautiful 80 degrees yes finally a nice weekend. Let's get wet :D

GF, I've been hoping to get well enough to go, but I'm really not sure now. I can't clear my ears on land even and I'm still congested. I'm even thinking of just letting him go to Austin while I stay home and try to get well. If you want to send me your phone number via PM, I can let you know something for sure by tomorrow.

Foo

Ann, did you dive at the Comal yesterday? Would love to hear a report, I bet it was awesome as the weather is perfect. I'm glad I didn't try to go, but am starting to feel better, and should be ready for diving by next week.

Foo

Yes we did but it was a quick trip. Don's son and grandson came in a day early so we had to cut it shorter than we had planned.

The weather was perfect and there were several groups of divers there when we got there. We brought a picnic lunch and set up our gear at one of the tables up stream from the tube chute.

We walked a little ways upstream from where we geared up and got in. Was hoping to kinda hang out in one area and play with my new gear but the current pushed us so we just went for the ride. The river was pretty clean (no seaweed) just your typical beer cans etc. Saw several fish that were following us around.

We were going to get out and walk back upstream and get in again but it was around 1:30 and we just ate our lunch and sat around and watch the river until we dried off a bit and loaded up and came on home about 3:00. His son got in about 4:00.

Then today we went riding on the motorcyle it was hot but a lot of fun. Now it time to do laundry and get ready to go back to work tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom