Comal River

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Laredo Scuba Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
It is good to be back on the forum again. I have not dove for the past three months and I was going crazy. I finally went.

Went to scuba the Comal River Sunday afternoon, 11-25-12. Only five feet visability with 72 degree water temperature. Had a good time feeding the fish.

I have a question, my scuba mask has been fogging up a lot. My mask is 8 months old but I have used the mask at least five times. I have been using a commercial defog but with no results. Does anyone have a better mask defog formula? Please share.

Merry Christmas!

Rene,

Last edited:
Johnson's baby shampoo. I'm not kidding...it's the ONLY defog I've found to be nearly totally effective. It's now the only defog I use.

I have yet to be disappointed with spit and I expect my first container will last me a life time,

I've tried baby shampoo for mask defog and the fumes make my eyes burn (doesn't make sense, I know).

I use SeaDrops by McNett. When the water is really cold, I use more defog than normal and my mask doesn't fog up at all.

Have you scrubbed the inside of the mask with a lense treatment? Also, you can try washing it real well with dish soap before you dive. That breaks down all the oils from your skin that the moisture sticks to. I second Guba on the baby shampoo.
I was having a lot of fogging issues with my Atomic mask to the point of getting rid of it until another diver asked me if I was exhaling through my nose. Since then I've made an effort to pay attention to my breathing and haven't had as much fogging.

I use a few drops of baby shampoo in a squirt bottle filled with water

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom