Comal River w/Pictures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jay_SMART_Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Well I went back to the Comal River, this time with my new Camera and UW Housing, got some really cool pictures of the Plecostomus Catfish and one giant regular cat (almost 2 1/2 feet). Water was great at 73 degrees, and air temp was around 75.

Jay_SMART_Diver:
Well I went back to the Comal River, this time with my new Camera and UW Housing, got some really cool pictures of the Plecostomus Catfish and one giant regular cat (almost 2 1/2 feet). Water was great at 73 degrees, and air temp was around 75.

Great pics. very sharp and clear images. Awesome cats!

Those pleco's are not native are they? I got a couple in my fish tank that have reached that size.

Jay_SMART_Diver:

Great photos!! Never seen those fish before.

Regards,

Terrific pics! Loved the turtle! It's worth diving just to see him.

Jay_SMART_Diver:

Super pics Jason! You must be loving that new camera and housing.

That's what Twin Lakes needs to clean it up....a school of Plecos!

Cool pics, Jay!

Tamas:
Those pleco's are not native are they? I got a couple in my fish tank that have reached that size.
They're loricariid catfishes from South America. Classified as an exotic, but not an invasive. If they were invasives, I'd be foaming at the mouth and demanding a statewide killing spree, like the Atlantic lionfishes I love so much... not.

Nice pictures by the way Jay. Those are the first pleco pics I've seen from the Comal, or anywhere outside an aquarium.

Great pics!!!
I was there last weekend and spotted the plecos, but didn't have my camera with me. :sad:
Going this weekend and this time I'm taking my camera.

Thanks for sharing !

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom