Comal River July 5th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shaggie

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Is anyone interested on diving the Comal on the morning of the 5th? I'm thinking that all them tubers are sure to have dropped a thing or two.

John

Would love too but came down with an ear infection. Doc say 3 weeks. Have fun and I hope you find lots of treasures.

I have n ever dove the comal and I would love to but I have to work.....#*&(*#%&( Have fun and be safe.

Sounds great...although I have to be back in the office tomorrow.

How does diving the Comal work? ie. Where do you drop in? What are the conditions like generally, etc.?

jcole:
Sounds great...although I have to be back in the office tomorrow.

How does diving the Comal work? ie. Where do you drop in? What are the conditions like generally, etc.?

Hi J,
the plan is to meet at Prince Solms park in around 10am. From there, the plan is to do two dives. The first is an easy one, walk up the path along the river to the end. Continue diving upstream to the RV park and then float back down to around the Tube Chute. The second dive is a little more challenging. If my buddie and me decide to bring both trucks, we'll start below the Tube Chute and ride the rapids to the exit point at the bridge past Schlitterbahn. It's a fast, shallow, bumpy ride and it's good idea to remove any un-needed equipment that you dont want to get banged up or lost such as computers.
As for conditions; the water is generaly pretty clear and max depth above the Chute is only about 14ft. Lots of fish and aquatic life are usualy found, especialy in and around the Hydrilla patch at the deep end of the impoundment.
It's a nice change of pace to WP/MD/WP/MD etc.

Sounds great. I'd like to join you guys for a dive sooner than later. I've got a dive buddy here in Austin that I'll talk to about making a trip down to New Braunsfels to meet up.

I guess we can use this board/thread as a way of staying in touch.

John

jcole:
Sounds great. I'd like to join you guys for a dive sooner than later. I've got a dive buddy here in Austin that I'll talk to about making a trip down to New Braunsfels to meet up.

I guess we can use this board/thread as a way of staying in touch.

John

You can always PM me also.
Looks like I'll probably not go to the river this morning. Everybody bailed. So, I guess I'll get caught up on some domestic chores today.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom