Coltri Compressors

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Karie,

Did you buy the Coltri, if so how is it working out for you? I am in the same boat -- I love my Bauer but the cost is high so I am considering a Coltri as my backup compressor...

Hi,
I used in the past an almost new second hand mch16 for 5 years with a total usage rate of 3000hour.The machine was ok, but only one slight problem, a fume of oil was always present when running(3 phase electric) But again this machine was not off the newest anymore and I don’t now of this is still present with the new models(altough the are using the same lubricating system as the old ones). My average cost for service was something about 1000 dollar a year(heavily used).I am using now a mch30(at present 3 months old with 85 hours ) and am happy with it, no fumes at all. Bauer and l&w are more known in Belgium and they have the fame to be more durable but also more expensive. Before the coltri I used a Poseidon serviced by draeger and others and the service cost was high. So if you are asking ,would you by a coltri again,yes I just did it.

Hope that I contribute something.
Ron

Hi,
I used in the past an almost new second hand mch16 for 5 years with a total usage rate of 3000hour.The machine was ok, but only one slight problem, a fume of oil was always present when running(3 phase electric) But again this machine was not off the newest anymore and I don’t now of this is still present with the new models(altough the are using the same lubricating system as the old ones). My average cost for service was something about 1000 dollar a year(heavily used).I am using now a mch30(at present 3 months old with 85 hours ) and am happy with it, no fumes at all. Bauer and l&w are more known in Belgium and they have the fame to be more durable but also more expensive. Before the coltri I used a Poseidon serviced by draeger and others and the service cost was high. So if you are asking ,would you by a coltri again,yes I just did it.

Hope that I contribute something.
Ron

Thanks Ron, that is good info for sure I am a Bauer fan but they get pricey quickly so for my second unit I may go with a Coltri... thanks again!

Mike

Karie,
I have a Coltri MCH 6 that I bought from NUVAIR here in Oxnard about a year ago and have had no problems with it whatsoever. They also built me a custom regulator test bench control station that powers my regulator repair shop in my garage. It is a sweet set-up and only set me back $5500 bucks. Of course I only live 3 blocks from their shop so I didn't have to pay for shipping. Overall, I am very happy with my investment.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom