Colour Plug-in for Photoshop

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here is a link to the "Mandrake Process" on my PT-010 website. There is a download there for an .atn file to install in Photoshop so as to be able to complete the process in the Action palette. This process is for adjusting non-strobe photos.

Using manual white balance will yield better results that are easier to adjust in Photoshop with Auto Levels, Brightness and Contrast without using this process.

ninjamuzo:
Does anyoneknow of a color plug-in for Photoshop that adjusts for underwater colors?

This would ideally be something where you plug in a depth and it works out the color loss at that depth and adjusts accordingly (I guess you would also need some kind of brightness slider as well)

Thanks.
I occasionally teach image processing so I couldn't leave this one alone. There's no pluggin but as long as you have some colour variation left in the image you should be able to fix it up. After experimenting for a while I came up with a fairly simple combination of adjustments based on how green the image is and how much red it lacks so basically it's related to depth.
Check out the before and after photo I posted at the link below. I included some basic instructions in the photo description. With variations in the levels you choose the combination of adjustments should work for everything, with the possible exception of something that truely is bright green. You'll need to experiment and eventually you'll develop an eye for it. I fixed up that photo in under one minute. Good luck.
http://www.scubaboard.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/5289

ninjamuzo:
Does anyoneknow of a color plug-in for Photoshop that adjusts for underwater colors?

This would ideally be something where you plug in a depth and it works out the color loss at that depth and adjusts accordingly (I guess you would also need some kind of brightness slider as well)

Thanks.
I got my hands on a Photoshop "underwater action macro", I can forward to you. Send a private message with your email and I can forward to you.

Someone applied this to a couple of my photos, and results were decent.

A.

Thanks BubbleBlower...I downloaded it, but have been unable to figure out how to open it...if anyone can give me a hint how to open "Mandrake" in Photoshop 2.0 Elements, please PM me!

Thanks everyone! :)

Back
Top Bottom