Colored wetsuits?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

xSandman3:
Since you're in CA, call Lisa at New Wave Wetsuits in Fullerton. She and her mom made custom wetsuits for both of my daughters, let them pick the colors and everything, and the price was unbelievable (about $300 for both). You can email Lisa at newwave@prodigy.net

I'm glad that I read through the whole thread before replying. I was also going to recommend Lisa at New Wave. They have a website that displays some of their options - their online distributor is horizon wetsuits, and you can see their products at http://www.horizonwetsuits.com/. They are great and their service is top notch! If you can get to their shop here in So Cal, they'll measure you and make a wetsuit to fit you for the same price, if not less than, a rack suit. Plus, you can pick the colors and accessories (zippers, pockets, patterns, etc....) that you want. And, the suit is ready for you to try on in less than a week (usually - or at least, the 2 times I've been to them). Most everyone in my dive club has a New Wave suit - they're great.

miketsp:
Yes, I have a yellow & blue 3mm shorty, reserved for holiday use only in warm water, .

That bright yellow (almost flourescent) colour is referred to a YUM YUM YELLOW as sharks are attr..act...ed, .... er ....

never mind

:wink:

If color is what you are wanting, check out Liquid Fit at www.liquidfit.com They have a very large selection of colors in their superstretch material. They're not the usual colors that every suit company has (black, yellow, neon green, royal blue) Colors like powder blue, teal, amethyst, gold, silver, metal, navy, red, hot pink, mauve, emerald green, just to mention a few. These all coordinate with patterns by Dive Goddess. These gals are really stylin when it comes to scuba fashion!!!!!

I have heard great things about Liquid Fit, as well. Especially for those with, shall we say, non-standard (as far as popular media goes) body shapes.

The other thing I can add here is that it has a lot to do with the style-of-the-times. Back in the late 80's/early 90's all you could get for waterski wetsuits was day-glo. My dad still has his (it's in great condition), mostly yellow, with orange and a bit of black accenture. Not a bad looking suit, but I don't think I'd want to be seen in it!
:) -- this suit was made by Bare, BTW.

I second the LiquidFit vote. As a BBD (Big Beautiful Diver), I have yet to be able to find an off the rack suit to fit me. Carolyn and her staff does a great job. My family just order our 4th suit from Carolyn.

cancun mark:
That bright yellow (almost flourescent) colour is referred to a YUM YUM YELLOW as sharks are attr..act...ed, .... er ....

never mind

:wink:

I dunno... most shark attacks on swimmers are supposed to be caused because the shark mistook the swimmer for something else - normally darker like a turtle etc, maybe the best policy is to be as visible as possible... :wink:

Just bear in mind that the light spectrum underwater differs from what you see on land if you're after visibility (in addition to fashion). I have a blue alum tank that my dive buddy uses as a visual reference the deeper we go while all of his safety yellow gear fades to gray. One nice thing about black-it never goes out of style. If you doubt that, go back and look at the pictures of some of us in our senior prom tuxes in the 70's.

yknot:
snip...
go back and look at the pictures of some of us in our senior prom tuxes in the 70's.

Sharks eat penguins too.... :wink:

Ya know, life's too short to wear only boring black!!!! The funnest thing I have to dive in is my WILD dive skin from dive goddess with a coordinating core warmer & beanie from liquidfit. Ain't no way you will mistake me for another diver in the water---nor a penguin!!!!

Be colorful & have fun,
SWT

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom