Colleges for Undersea and Hyperbaric Medicine?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Research your employment opportunities carefully. The choice of a school can make the difference of whether you can land a job quickly or not. I'd second the Navy Diver route for a number of reasons. If you want to discuss it further, send me a PM. Good luck!

They even got rid of the hyperbaric chamber near me because of that. I think the only one in my state is in Allentown.

Although this list:
Pennsylvania Hyperbaric Resources
is certainly dated, I'd be surprised if almost all of these 44 Pennsylvania hyperbaric chambers had closed.

However, how many have protocols in place to treat DCI might be a different story.

According to this site: Accredited Facilities
The chambers in Paoli and Sayre are UHMS accredited, which suggests they treat DCI. Other chambers might also.

Have you considered joining the Undersea and Hyperbaric Medical Society ? Undersea & Hyperbaric Medical Society > Home ( DNN 3.2.2 ) They can be a wealth of information.

Best wishes, whatever your future.

k

Yeah, I've looked at them. I'm thinking that they're more of a "discussion" of it, not a course. Thanks for that list by the way.

EDIT: I just went over the list and yes, pretty much everyone was closed down. I'm actually in the center and very near most of them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom