College Station?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Makushr1

Registered
Reaction score
I am a brand new diver, and am looking to log alot more coming soon. I go to school at Texas A&M in College Station. I was wondering if anyone that goes to school there has been to any of the scuba club meetings, and if so, how are they? I am looking for some people to make trips to anywhere over the weekends to go diving. I have a few friends that are certified, but the more the marrier.

I never went to any of the club meetings, just went by the "shop" in the rec. center to see about equip. service (dang nice pools there). Was only there for a summer research program. Only diving I did in the area was with Dee and Beast at Twin Lakes in Houston.

You might contact archman who's on this board, I think he's in a doctorate program there. I'm sure you'll find plenty of ppl. on and around the campus to dive with.

Have fun, you're gonna love diving!

I was the Trip Coordinator from 2000-2003, and still keep up on most of the general smack from the youngsters, although I spend most of my diving time at Aquarena now. Check our message board for updates.
http://scubaclub.tamu.edu/home.htm

Winter water temps what they are, we don't typically offer any trips until mid-late March. We do other activities, however, like paintball, camping, cookouts, and underwater hockey.

We have a ton of spirited folks; feel free to come to our first spring meeting. There will also be an information booth in the MSC next month, during that "clubs day" held early every fall and spring semester.

Thanks for the outstanding contribution there danno.... :icorolley

Howdy Makushr1! Welcome to A&M. Yes, there are plenty of Aggie divers. I just started the Advanced/Rescue class through the KINE dept and it's a blast. Get to log some nice pool time and work on my buoyancy and whatnot.

I suggest you checkout the class next semester.

Drop me a line if you're going diving and I'd be glad to tag along.

Gig em,

Mike '05

Back
Top Bottom