College credit; scuba training

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sidlerg

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Does anyone know exactly how one would go about receiving college credit(s) for dive training received? I've posed similar questions to PADI America as well as PADI International, with no response from either. i have also gone to their web site (a big commercial) with equal results.

Anyone have any insight on this?

Thanks, in advance...
george*

In the back of every PADI manual there is a transcript request form. Fill it out, send it in; the credit depends on whether or not the academic dept. will recognize the training...there shouldnt be a problem but I do know that some institutions (FSU for instance) will only take the credit if you have attained pro dive credentials...

If you need the form, I can email it to you if you pm your email...

might be as simple as going to the school you want to transfer the credits to and asking someone in the registrars office. When I returned from Army basic training and went back to finish school I went in to register and the registrar pulled out a book, asked me for a copy of my completion certificate and gave me about 6 credit hours (first aid, surveying and PE). A lot of things like that are already decided and documented. Ended up allowing me to finish school a semester earlier than I had thought.

PADI wouldn't have a clue.

Every college has its on unique set of rules.

You need to go and have a sit down face to face with someone with authority at the college and find out what their policy is.

Does anyone know exactly how one would go about receiving college credit(s) for dive training received? I've posed similar questions to PADI America as well as PADI International, with no response from either. i have also gone to their web site (a big commercial) with equal results.

Anyone have any insight on this?

Thanks, in advance...
george*

Reminds me of an old joke:

Q: How many college basketball players does it take to screw in a light bulb?

A: Just one, but he gets three credits for it.

It really is a two-fold process.

You can order a "transcript" from PADI using the form others haver referenced. Then if the college you want to attend recognizes the training, they can review the paperwork from PADI and offer credits accordingly.

Thanks Drew.
I've been in contact with Padi; having already submitted all course materials to my institution. Appreciate the response though.

Sidl*

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom