Cold Water Suit Options?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@Bierstadt
I suggest you watch the 2nd hand listings like a hawk and pounce quickly when the right suit comes up. It helps to know your physical dimensions and check the manufacturers size guides for any suit you are interested in.

After a couple of months vigilant search I was able to pick up a correctly fitting 'Waterproof Draco' (predecessor to the current Waterproof D10) for only $350 Australian. Add another couple of hundred for replacement of the neck and wrist seals and the total cost was still only around 20% of the same suit new. It has never leaked a drop.

There is no substitute for a drysuit in cold conditions IMO - Though I do feel the cold quickly.

Look into a suit made of Rubertex, it is less compressible than the usual neoprene used in diving. Usually used by commercial divers because It keeps one warmer than the usual neoprene. And it doesn't stretch as much either.

Bob

From my point of view, I think you should go for dry suit. Even a neopren drysuit is a better option than a semi-dry one. And they are not that expensive. Not my favourit choice... But still, better than semy-dry. And if you plan to dive there often... You'll end up buying a dry suit anyway. So wasting your money now in a semi dry that will end up abandoned in your closet is not a good option.

Happy Bubbles

Gery
www.scuba-legends.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom