Cold water hood

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aquaregia

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm hoping to buy a used hood for diving in Monterey. I'd love to find something that was very well-loved and therefore very-cheap. I'm a graduate student and just got my c-card, so I'm trying to keep my costs as low as possible for as long as possible.
Thanks
Andrew

Well congratulations on your c card!!!

Now, how fat is your head so we know what size of hood that you are looking for?

A small, medium, large or extra large?

contact otter bay wetsuits in monterey. they make a great coldwater hood custom for you at a reasonable price. lots of the locals have and like them

I have a henderson titanium hyperstretch 5/3 mm hood and gloves I am looking to clear out of the storage. Used them in 50 deg water. Only used for a couple of training dives. Both Hood and gloves are size large. $35 plus shipping will get them sent your way.

The custom 12mm Otter Bay hood is the local favorite and runs around $80 - It's well worth the $ as the warmth is substantially more than other hoods. Otterbaysuits.com Homepage If you buy one ask for extra room in the jaw as Cricket tends to get the fit just a little bit too snug ;-).

The custom 12mm Otter Bay hood is the local favorite and runs around $80 - It's well worth the $ as the warmth is substantially more than other hoods. Otterbaysuits.com Homepage If you buy one ask for extra room in the jaw as Cricket tends to get the fit just a little bit too snug ;-).
The fit through the jaw is tight to begin with but loosens up with use. I've been using these hoods for 15 years (since back before Cricket and Jeff owned the shop) and wouldn't change them in any way. My $.02.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom