cold water glove recommendation?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Huh~~~ LOL~~

ae3753:
I wear a drysuit, but am currently using the Hyperstretch gloves. So recommendations for inexpensive dry gloves are appreciated as well.

Thanks.

Good 'wet' gloves will cost you a fair amount; shelling out for dry gloves will be worth it, I guarantee. I dove wet gloves with my dry suit in water from 34-49 degrees, and I got tired of thumbing dives after 20 minutes because my fingers had gone numb. I really didn't want to spend the $$ on dry gloves (still paying the CC company for last year's dives & gear), but it was worth every dollar! I went from doing 20 minute dives to 45 minute dives, and fingers were still toasty-warm afterward. I paid $140 CAD for my dry gloves; they can be used with a wetsuit if I ever want to, as they have latex seals on the wrists. My bf bought the same set of gloves on EBay for less than half the cost, brand new. I'm sure you could get the same deal. Try it. You'll thank yourself for spending the $$ later; seriously!

I use bare 5mm kevlar palm gloves. I have used them down to about 42 with no problems at all. warm and comfy. I got them at divetank.com if memory serves. If you are super sensitive to the cold, then biting the bullet for dry gloves may be a the lesser of two evils.

My Akona 5mm Titanium 5-fingered gloves work well for me. I was wearing them in 38 degree F water back in April. Everyone is different though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom