cold water glove recommendation?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A good pair of 7mm wet gloves are going to cost $30.

Here is a complete dry system for $50.

-Ben

Ok, it is a good deal. But, is it possible to attach it to the ordinary wet suit?

Thanks in advance,

I have a pair of Henderson Duratex dry gloves. They are a pair of 5mm gloves with a neoprene cuff instead of a gauntlet sewn on the wrist. All the seams are glued. I put the latex seal of my drysuit over them and no water gets in. Have dove 40 degree water with them and my fingers were toasty. They cost me about $70.00CAN so should be cheaper in the US. Not ideal but work until I get real dry gloves

airsix:
A good pair of 7mm wet gloves are going to cost $30.

Here is a complete dry system for $50.

-Ben

Not complete. You need to buy the part that fits on the suit also. This is just the gloves with there parts.

But, if you're cold in 7mm gloves. You're going to be cold. I use 3mm wet gloves in 42degree water. They get numb. I can stand it for 60min. And do 4 dives a day in it. But, I have dry gloves now. Sometimes I want better hand control. So 3mm...

Thanks for all the suggestions. I was looking at the Bare Drysuit gloves, but was concerned about the SI rings. But $50 (gloves) + $20 (rings) is pretty good deal.

I think it's the type/brand of 7mm gloves I have. Hyperstretch isn't known for its thermal qualities and I'm thinking that's the case. If others are diving with 3mm (that's extreme) or 5mm gloves, I would think that a 7mm glove should be fine too.

Thanks again.

MSilvia:
I prefer wet gloves myself, and even though I have a pair of "smurf" dry gloves, I don't really use them. Personally, I'm a big fan of Akona's ArmorTex 5 finger gloves with the kevlar coating on the palm and finger tips.

oooooh, they look nice! Have you lobzilla tested them?

That's my point because ae3753 is wearing Hyperstretch wetsuit, not dry suit as I understood his opening post.

kazinvan:
Dry gloves on a wet suit???

I've been using the Henderson Gold 7 mm in those temperatures and have yet to wish I was using something else.

I wear a drysuit, but am currently using the Hyperstretch gloves. So recommendations for inexpensive dry gloves are appreciated as well.

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom