Trip Report Cocos, March 27-April 5, 2017

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

my dive buddy said it blows socorro out of the water.

Trust me on this. In no way does it blow Socorro out of the water. I've been to Cocos twice and Socorro once. Headed back to Socorro in 2019. My single best dive I have ever done was on my last trip to Cocos. It was a bait ball dive and it was truly a spectacular dive. But my best overall dive trip to date, and that includes a lot of places, was that first trip to Socorro. I will try and post a quick video I took if I can find it.

Trust me on this. In no way does it blow Socorro out of the water. I've been to Cocos twice and Socorro once. Headed back to Socorro in 2019. My single best dive I have ever done was on my last trip to Cocos. It was a bait ball dive and it was truly a spectacular dive. But my best overall dive trip to date, and that includes a lot of places, was that first trip to Socorro. I will try and post a quick video I took if I can find it.

I AM SO SORRY TO HAVE OFFENDED YOU.

I will rephrase, he prefers it to socorro.

Jheez this is why i left this forum a while ago, thought I would come back and give some input on a cocos thread and you come along.

What makes you think I am offended? I was simply trying to show anyone that may be interested that Socorro is an amazing place. So is Cocos. But if someone gave me a totally free trip and I could pick either, I'd go back to Socorro. That was my experience. Your dive buddy had a different experience...that's all.

We ran into a huge bait ball on the way out to Dirty Rock last May. We hung under it for 45 minutes or so, and it was just as big when we left, with predators still coming in out of the blue. Most amazing thing I've ever seen!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom