Coco View Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fairbanksdiver:
I imagine the screened in porches are fairly effective at keeping the bugs away?

-Brandon.

No-see-ums are smaller than screen mesh. If you are sensetive to their bite, you will need more protection than that.

fairbanksdiver:
I imagine the screened in porches are fairly effective at keeping the bugs away?

-Brandon.

Not bad, but it depends upon the mesh size.

But better at keeping the sun away.

DEET works. Slather up.

fairbanksdiver:
Uhoh, another dealbreaker...

She just reminded me how much she hates snakes...

Does CCV have snakes?

Thanks again...

-Brandon.

Never seen one there but....they do have lizards...a deer...a friendly dog Poncho...a fresh water turtle, Wilma, that was washed up after hurricane Wilma, several Parrots and a couple of cats. What did I miss??

fairbanksdiver:
Uhoh, another dealbreaker...

She just reminded me how much she hates snakes...

-Brandon.

Change wives.

Or if you really like her, vacation in Disneyworld.

No, no snakes that you would see. (That's a precise answer)

Central Americans are particularly boneheaded about killing things, even helpful and desirable constrictors (non venomous) snakes that keep "Coconut Cats" at bay.

My best pal, "Herself", on our first date we walked by one of those reptile stores and there was a guy standing outside with an Albino Boa about 7' long. She accepted the offer of "wearing it". When we walked away, I remarked that most ladies wouldn't do that. She allowed as how the whole experience was very difficult for her... until she did it. Then she confirmed that the sensation was creepy, cool, and survivable.

I'm really not talking about snakes here.

Life is for living, not shying away from. That's what attracted you to SCUBA in the first place.

CCV is a super place to take a confirmed "beach bunny" out on her big first scuba experience. Put a mask and flippers on her and (with no weights!) stick your octo in her mouth and go do a surface swim over the shallow reef. By the first trip she'll be wanting to skip the sunbathing and start the certification process.

In answer to your question, however, I think most Bay Islands resorts have snakes but they probably charge you 8 Lempiras per day for them.

Surprised that Roatan doesn't have many. The mainland surely must. I know that Belize has some of the most deadly, not to mention the spiders. I'll take a pit of snakes over a single spider anyday.

How the heck does a freshwater turtle wash up during a hurricaine?

parrotheaddiver:
What did I miss??

Bats, Butterflies and Hummingbirds.

After sunset, the Hummers quit the nectar feeding station and the Bats come in. Yes, it's true that they will get stuck in your hair and are likely to bite your neck and drain you of blood, but the great pictures of them at the Hummingbird station is worth the risk of death.

Those birds- two different kinds of awk-awk "terns" big white and the little blue-grey one... and the circling Turkey Vultures.

The Iguanas (green and black). I hear the green ones are quite yummy but the black ones devour all the plants.

Those blue white Land Crabs that are quite elusive and also eat everything that is planted, the Sally Lightfoot crabs that are quite bold.

The place is alive with critters! Some of them have Divemaster Certifications! :10: It's only a matter of time before that deer takes an extended vacation.

.Zingerthedivin'dog

Chaseh:
Surprised that Roatan doesn't have many. The mainland surely must. I know that Belize has some of the most deadly, not to mention the spiders. I'll take a pit of snakes over a single spider anyday.

How the heck does a freshwater turtle wash up during a hurricaine?

a flash flood and washed out to sea

Back
Top Bottom