Cochran Testers Needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jvanostrand

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi Cochran Dive Computer Users,

I have written software to download dives from Cochran EMC and Commander (s/n > 21000) computers and it needs testing. The easiest way to help is to download Subsurface from Downloads | Subsurface for your Windows, Mac, or Linux system and install. Connect your dive computer using your Cochran data cable and perform an import. Then reply or PM me your model, # of dives, the dive log and profile capacity, s/n (all but the last few digits if you're concerned), and whether or not it worked.

I have tested this on EMC-14, EMC-16, EMC-20H and Commander computers and I need to know it will work on a larger selection since all the EMCs were purchased closely together. There are some things I'm specifically looking for:

- Computers where the dive log has been filled and is now overwriting logs,
- EMC computers where the dive profile data has been filled and is now overwriting data,
- Computers which have less the maximum dive log capacity for the model,
- Older EMC computers, ones purchase more than two years ago.
- Dives done on PO2 mode (i.e. CCR dives)

Because this software is not sponsored or supported by Cochran Consulting there are no guarantees or warranties.

Thanks in advance for your help.

For those interested in what Subsurface is, it's free and open source dive log software. It has some great features with more coming.

- Support for a wide range of dive computers means all your logs can be in one place,
- Import dives from many PC dive log files,
- Support for cloud storage so you can access your dive logs from many computers,
- Support for Bühlmann decompression, coming support for VPM, plot calculated decompression on your logged dives or plan new dives.
- GEO tagging and support for photographs,
- Coming support for smart phones: view, add, and even download your dives onto your Android or iPhone,
- Support for OC and CCR diving,
- XML log format,

I am in a confined (quarry) situation next weekend for technical skills certification (possible 130' dives). I have an EMC20 from a few years back [>2] (I wear as a "lost deco gas, get out alive backup") I'd be willing to give you the data dump if you want to see how it works...

OC, Nitrox, under capacity of the log...

If you can install Subsurface and get a successful download that would help. If it doesn't work I'll have to find a way to get a data dump from you.

I'd be willing to give you the data dump if you want to see how it works....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom