Cochran Computers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mine did the same thing when the high pressure transducer went on the TU its was 5 beeps every 2 minutes. i continued to use the computer the rest of the day because i still got all of the other read outs except for the tank pressure, but a back up spg. after the day was done i took it back to the LDS who said to just take it over to cochran, which was just 2-3 blocks away.

when i got there they already knew of the problem because the shop owner called it in and they said it would be a couple of days and that they would call me when it was ready and then handed me a box, and i asked them what it was and they said it was a loaner till mine was done, i was amazed. when i looked at the loaner i found out it was the same model as mine except that it had all of the options on it, which amazed me again. well about a week later they called me at home to tell me it was ready, and that they had diagnosed it as a failed transducer and had replaced it and did a full diagnostic on it and updated the firmware at no charge. in my book cochran is very good

Scubatooth once bubbled...

well about a week later they called me at home to tell me it was ready, and that they had diagnosed it as a failed transducer and had replaced it and did a full diagnostic on it and updated the firmware at no charge. in my book cochran is very good

Interesting. I wonder how many transducer failures occurred with that model. At any rate, sounds like you had a very good customer service experience :) Being local may have helped things, too.

lragsac once bubbled...

Interesting. I wonder how many transducer failures occurred with that model. At any rate, sounds like you had a very good customer service experience :) Being local may have helped things, too.

Transducer failures with any integrated transducer (ANY MAKER)are common if the diver doesn't take certain precautions.. (with newer computers its not as bad due to some having a very resistent flow resistrictor, to compensate for diver screwup)

Most fail for one reason.. turning the valve on too quickly!

just think of it every time you turn the valve on its like hitting this small sensor with a bullet or sledge hammer..

Any time you are using some type of sensor, (this goes for analog guages as well except they can usually handle the surge) crack the valve as slightly as possible to slowly let the pressure rise, once its pressurized its ok to open all the way..

You will save yourself lots of headaches (BTW I HAVE seen more than 1 analog guage explode)

very true padi pro

also a couple of years back cochran got bad batch of transducers but were able to catch a majority of them before they went out, but as in alot fo componenets you always get a batch from time to time.

speaking of not hammering the valve opening will cause less problems, i even think its mentioned in the user manuel now about slowly opening the valve.

well being local helps but there service is great reguardless

I have a Nemesis IIa which I have owned for almost 7 years. When I intially bought, I had a problem, called Cochran and they sent me a new one overnight. The replacement has never stopped functioning or blipped yet.

Only things that didnt get used much was the PC download with Conchran's software.

I also wish they transmitter mounted to the rgulator was more compact and streamlined.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom