Cobra vs. Vyper

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Forgive me here but, Why do you want to rack the Vyper in exchange for the Cobra if you plan on having a spare SPG?

Kind of defeating the purpose huh? Am I missing something here?
I mean the Cobra is a good rig but why ditch the Vyper for it?

Personally I am not overly comfortable with hoseless computers. They are cool and all and if you are not doing much deep diving then I guess they are OK but it just offers another failure point in my book.

Why do you want to rack the Vyper in exchange for the Cobra if you plan on having a spare SPG?

Just so the computer will track my air usage during dive. I know I can do it manually...I just thought it would be nice to see my consumption over each computing interval as opposed to average across dive.

I'm not running out to get it yet...still pondering.

thanks,
russ

ah ha.....I see......said the blind man

Oh, just for Cornfed...............Ad Hominum.......
Oh, that was for Karl too......oh yea.......now he's gone....for good.

Hey Patterson, you should keep the Vyper! Just an opinion of course. I have the Cobra now and would love to have the Vyper as well for a backup or extra or timer or guage mode.....whatever. Since the two are so similar, it would be nice to be that much more flexable. Leisure Pro has excellent prices on both since you asked.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom