Cobra Dead?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Easdem

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hello Suunto folk!

I have been diving a Cobra 1 for a couple of years and recently when I powered it up to check a tank, it thought I was at 261 feet! It continued to dive, even after the battery was removed and replaced at the LDS. It was purchased in 2008 I don't remember the exact date, I have to find the reciept. If it is out of warranty, is it now a paperweight?

Thanks!

-Arturo

Arturo,

The issue that your Cobra is experiencing is a non-repairable fault. This fault is covered fully under warranty for 5 years from the original date of purchase, if the unit was purchased from an authorized dealer. Please locate the nearest authorized Suunto service center from the link provided Suunto Dealer Locator in order to send your Cobra for evaluation. Please include a copy of your original purchase receipt when sending your Cobra.

Best Regards,
Chris from Suunto

heh, mine did almost the same thing, but it was on a 10+ year old model, and just had it confirmed that Suunto would not even attempt an out-of-warranty repair.

Still would be interested in exactly what's going on when it barfs...

sharkshark,

This issue is non-repairable, and is within the pressure sensor circuit of the computer. The depth sensor is calibrated to each individual module at the factory. There is no repair when this issue occurs, and when the computer is under warranty the entire module replaced.

Best Regards,
Chris from Suunto

Thanks Chris... Can't complain, the thing gave me hundreds of dives of pleasure, but was a bit of a surprise as you can imagine.

Back
Top Bottom