• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Cobalt Coast vs LCBR

Discussion in 'Cayman Islands' started by jd950, Jun 12, 2019.

1. KathyV

KathyV Orca

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    You mentioned "early 2020" but you didn't say which month, so I wanted to make sure that you've seen the "holiday special" being offered by all 3 CC resorts if you travel before Jan 18, 2020:

Holiday At Home

Trailboss123 likes this.
  2. Alucard

Alucard Barracuda

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    Just a note - that link is for one property manager and not for all condos available in Coconut Bay. Suggest you use the maps on VRBO, FlipKey, or AirBnB to find out what all your options are. In spite of the condos being similar, they are quite different in terms of views, price and amenities.

I would agree that if your group want to do other things than dive, then GC may be a better option for you - nicer beaches, a wide variety of restaurants at all sorts of different price points, etc.

But in the end, only you can decide what is worth it.

[Disclaimer: I own rental property in Coconut Bay]

Trailboss123 and KathyV like this.
  3. Trailboss123

Trailboss123 Divemaster ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    Thanks-- Can you insert the link for the entire property so I can book mark it, please? I thought the link I inserted was for Coconut Bay as a whole. Appreciated.

4. Alucard

Alucard Barracuda

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    There is no website for the whole condo property, in the same way that most condo properties don't have a dedicated website - each of the condos are individually owned, and the owners each have their own way of marketing their offerings. Different people/companies do the on-site management for them, too - some offer single rooms, for example, others just the whole condo. That is why I suggest using the map function on the various condo listing sites to find out what the current offerings are.

KathyV and Trailboss123 like this.
  5. KathyV

KathyV Orca

@jd950 did you ever decide on a location for your dive trip in early winter?

6. jd950

jd950 Solo Diver

Well, I kind of forgot about this post. Sorry I never checked back. Ended up going to LCBR (for the 4th time). Unfortunately, got the bad weather that is always possible in the winter and we had a few days of dives cancelled. They have given us vouchers for the missed dives, so will be heading back sometime over the next year, most likely to Brac this time. The free dives add up since there were 4 of us. I guess I need to watch for one of the sales.

KathyV and scubadada like this.
  7. Doctorfish

Doctorfish Loggerhead Turtle

# of Dives: 2,500 - 4,999
    Too bad about the weather. LC in mid winter is always a crap shoot. At least on GC, the boats can always get out and there is always an available lee shore to dive.

I was stuck on LC a few years ago through 4 days of weather when the boats could not get through the cut as the wind was howling from the south. After 2 days, the staff at Reef divers took us shore diving at Jacksons Wall, which was way above the call of duty.

KathyV likes this.