Cobalt Coast Resort up for sale

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I heard back from Cobalt Coast this morning. All they said is that they will be closed as of November 19.

They did not address my additional questions regarding the new owners and plans for the resort and dive op. I would imagine that there will be an announcement relatively soon.

I received an additional reply to my messages to Cobalt Coast, "the resort will not be operating as a resort or dive operation."

I'm sure we will have a better idea following an announcement :(

Word I have from folks on island is that group owning a few restaurants on island including Bacaros, bought CC. Plans are to put in restaurant and bar, rent rooms, no plans for dive operation that we know of.

Word I have from folks on island is that group owning a few restaurants on island including Bacaros, bought CC. Plans are to put in restaurant and bar, rent rooms, no plans for dive operation that we know of.
Seems like a waste. I only stayed there once, but it was a good location for getting to the northwestern sites. Also, they had a decent house reef, albeit with a bit of a swim out.

I'm not sure about that business model. The location is middle of nowhere and on ironshore. Not sure why anyone would want to go/stay out there without the benefits of a dive resort.

The house reef is good. When divetech ran it, ( way back when ) they would take divers out to the drop off in their dinghy, so you did not have to make the long swim.

I'm not sure about that business model. The location is middle of nowhere and on ironshore. Not sure why anyone would want to go/stay out there without the benefits of a dive resort.

The house reef is good. When divetech ran it, ( way back when ) they would take divers out to the drop off in their dinghy, so you did not have to make the long swim.
I agree regarding the business model. Lack of bus service means a lot of cab time to get to any other activities, unless they start running a shuttle. No ocean swimming, even off of the dock, due to a high concentration of urchins, at least when I was there.

Never appealed to me and the location was a big negative for me.

Bets on Dart- they have been printing money with the surge in carryout dining, to the detriment of the environment. Styrofoam is the worst!
Soon they’ll own the island. As it is, it is more like Cayman Dart, than Grand Cayman.

I’m not there and have no standing to judge if it is good or bad, but that’s the way it seems!

Back
Top Bottom