Cobalt Coast Resort up for sale

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Alucard

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Here is the listing: CIREBA

So US$10 mill will buy you a dive resort. What isn't clear from the listing if whether Reef Divers are remaining on site, or if that price is to buy the dive op too. Does anyone have any insights as to what is going on here?

That's very interesting. I went there twice, before it changed hands, when Divetech was still the dive operator, 2007 and 2008. Perhaps this just no longer fits into the portfolio with the expansion to T&C. It was a good resort, had to bus to the West Bay when seas were too high for their dock. That would generally also close shore diving, a major benefit with the packages, unlimited shore diving.

When I stayed there the first time it was before Macabuca was there and they had unlimited shore diving from Cobalt Coast and Turtle Reef. Then they build Lighthouse Point so there was unlimited shore diving at Cobalt Coast and Lighthouse Point. Gave some flexibility if the weather didn't cooperate on the north shore.

When I stayed there the first time it was before Macabuca was there and they had unlimited shore diving from Cobalt Coast and Turtle Reef. Then they build Lighthouse Point so there was unlimited shore diving at Cobalt Coast and Lighthouse Point. Gave some flexibility if the weather didn't cooperate on the north shore.
There was shore diving at Turtle Reef well before Sun Divers, and Macabuca. I'm pretty sure that Divetech ran the site when I first started diving there. Cracked Conch was there, that was it. My son and I would dive there at night. My wife and daughter would have dinner at the Cracked Conch and get a to go dinner for my son and me. I distinctly remember a night when there was lightning above us for most of the night. Oh, the good old days. Really great dinners too :)

There was shore diving at Turtle Reef well before Sun Divers, and Macabuca. I'm pretty sure that Divetech ran the site when I first started diving there. Cracked Conch was there, that was it. My son and I would dive there at night. My wife and daughter would have dinner at the Cracked Conch and get a to go dinner for my son and me. I distinctly remember a night when there was lightning above us for most of the night. Oh, the good old days. Really great dinners too :)
Yes we stayed at Cobalt Coast a couple times back when, and Divetech had facilities both there and at the Cracked Conch.

Sold. Email received today explaining that I get to start over finding new accommodations for our December dive trip. Sigh.

"Clearly Cayman and Reef Divers Resorts, owners of Cobalt Coast Resort, have announced that after seven years of operations on Grand Cayman, Cobalt Coast Resort has been sold. With this development, Clearly Cayman and Reef Divers will no longer be operating as a dive resort and dive operator on Grand Cayman. We are looking forward to focusing and improving our properties located on the islands of Cayman Brac, Little Cayman and South Caicos, TCI."

Wow, my wife and I were thinking of Cobalt Coast for early December. Who is the new owner, will they be continuing operations?

Edit: I have sent a message to Cobalt Coast for any information.

Wow, my wife and I were thinking of Cobalt Coast for early December. Who is the new owner, will they be continuing operations?
The quote I posted is about the extent of what we received, sorry. I even went to the googlemeister...the web crawlers haven't found anything yet.

Bets on Dart- they have been printing money with the surge in carryout dining, to the detriment of the environment. Styrofoam is the worst!

Back
Top Bottom