CMAS Accreditation - Hurghada

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zilch

Contributor
Reaction score
A load of us are off to Hurghada, and one mate who is a CMAS 1 star wants to move towards 2 star rating whilst on holiday in September.. Can anyone help by pointing out if :

1). Any of the schools in Hurghada CMAS accreditated. They all seem to be PADI, but no luck on finding a CMAS one, he wants to assess costs and what it entails. We would all like to meet up at sometime during the diving, so would tend to want to book with the one school rather than seperate for the whole diving period.

2). Does anyone know how many logged dives is need to go for 2 star..afraid the CMAS web site is an absolute nightmare to navigate and could not find the information there. He currently as 21 logged dives but he did his original course 4 years ago, only dives annually and assumes much as changed.. :06:

Many thanks

Jim

To certify as CMAS P**(P2) you have to have at least 20 logged dives but 10 of them have to be done at the depth of 10 - 20 meters and accompanied by CMAS P***(P3) or P****(P4).
I don't know any of CMAS instructors in Hurghada - you are right they are PADI or SSI. But a lot of Polish Instructors are traveling there and most of them are CMAS. If you want I can try to find something - the only problem is I don't know their ability to teach in English. But your friend can easily do the cross over to PADI or SSI.
Mania

Thanks mania, he stated he wants to stay with CMAS and does not want to do
a cross over course.. He has done quite a few deep dives.. If you have any pointers and URLs that would be most helpful.. Will do so more trawling myself this evening..

Cheers
Jim
(SSI O/W)

Unfortunately the pages are in Polish so they wouldn't be much help.
But try to contact via mail these guys:
neptun@nurek.com.pl
explorer@cnet.pl
martin@nurkomania.pl
nowa-ama@ibz.pl
safari@planetdivers.com

here is an English page - they do courses in Egipt also:
http://www.nautica.pl/jezykiobce/nauticaenglish.html

The major problem - as I wrote - could be their ability to teach in English. But it's always waroth a try.
If you see something saying "KDP/CMAS" don't worry - this is Polish CMAS, which still is the most popular here
Mania

Hi, went through about 2 hours of trawling the web through the search engines and came up with easy divers in Hurghada who state are CMAS/SSI/PADI etc. so have fired an email into them..

Thanks
Jim

Back
Top Bottom