CLX 50/50 Signature series with the relief zipper option

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dougdrury

Registered
Reaction score
I just purchased a CLX 50/50 Signature series with the relief zipper option and have 1 question with a few parts to it.

Why is there no protective cover on the relief zipper?
1. The pull tab for the zipper is exposed and hangs down during diving making me wonder if it will catch on anything while I am scooting through kelp, etc. That would be very bad if it opened up while diving.
2. Aesthetically it looks pretty bad. I have seen other dry suits (i.e.: Bare) that have a flap (the same material as the dry suit bottoms) that comes down over the relief zipper to protect and hide the zipper. I didn't know it was totally uncovered, or I would have thought twice about buying it.
3. Are there any custom flap options that people have done on their own?

I have also left DUI an email about this. If they post a reply, I will post it here. I am sure there has to be someone out there who has thought this too.

Thanks,
Doug

I don't know if you'll get much help here. You're the first I've heard of that got a relief zipper!! A lot of us have P-valves.

BTW Clx 50-50 NICE SUIT!! :D I have one too!

dougdrury:
I just purchased a CLX 50/50 Signature series with the relief zipper option and have 1 question with a few parts to it.

Go slap whoever sold you the relief zipper. It really isn't necessary with the cross chest zipper on DUIs and a P-valve is much more useful. Personally, I would have the zipper removed. If that isn't an option, I suspect you could either create a homemade fix or send it to one of the drysuit repair companies to install something for you.

Well DUI got back to me within a couple hours. Great service. Here is the reply.

"A protective zipper cover is available. The zipper cover is not standard. "

I am going to send it back to get the cover over the zipper. A friend of mine has a relief zipper on his and it is much easier than other options I have seen

Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom