Club meeting?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've added a chat feature to the wreckmaniac.com website...so when we want to have an online meeting we can just use that one. It doesn't require login or anything you just pick a name and login...well no password and such. You can choose whatever name you want. I haven't stress tested it yet but it should be fine. That way we don't have to wade through all the Yahoo! rooms to find the right place and it's more private whereas non-divers shouldn't just wander in. It's http://www.wreckmaniac.com/chat

Hey Dale, good deal with the chat room. We should set-up a meeting to try it out.

I posted a trip report and a few photos over on Dale's Wreck Maniac site if anyone is interested.

jason

A few dives I'd like to plan for this coming summer are the U352 and the lobster wreck. If we start now we can surely find a week-end we can all make. The long boat ride would be better with a bunch of friends. Oh, and let's plan them before hurricane season.

jason

Jason B:
A few dives I'd like to plan for this coming summer are the U352 and the lobster wreck. If we start now we can surely find a week-end we can all make. The long boat ride would be better with a bunch of friends. Oh, and let's plan them before hurricane season.

jason

Hi guys!

I'm in on this one. Not familiar with the lobster wreck. What/where is it? I think I'll be ready by next summer for the wrecks so consider me in.

Jason, what kind of band is this you play with? If it's not to far, one of our club get togethers could be for us all to take a road trip to hear your band play.

Mel

I'm in on this one. Not familiar with the lobster wreck. What/where is it?
lobster wreck info:
http://www.nc-wreckdiving.com/WRECKS/LOBSTER/LOBSTER.HTML
Jason, what kind of band is this you play with?
We play a lot of pearl jam, alice n chains, and weezer. Stuff like that. Come on and check us out sometime!
I'm glad this club has gotten a little momentum behind it... let's not let it stop.

jason

Hi folks - the chat stuff sounds great - someone set a time/date - Mel? you started this (thanks!). I'd meet in person if y'all could pick a place on the west side of Raleigh, which is about an hour for me. I'm open (usually) every other week - Oct. and Nov. have been a little mixed up.

Charlie

NCDiver2004:
Hi folks - the chat stuff sounds great - someone set a time/date - Mel? you started this (thanks!). I'd meet in person if y'all could pick a place on the west side of Raleigh, which is about an hour for me. I'm open (usually) every other week - Oct. and Nov. have been a little mixed up.

Charlie

Hi guys!

I think we need to go ahead and pick a date/time for the weekly chat. If you haven't already, go to Dale's website and register so we can chat there. http://www.wreckmaniac.com/chat

Hopefully by tomorrow afternoon we should have a date/time picked for this week, and either me or Dale will post the specifics. If there is an afternoon not convenient for any of you, let me know. I'm thinking about 8pm one evening, maybe Wednesday. Even if it's a handful of us it will be a start. Hopefully, we can seriously get this club up and running so by next summer we can do a lot of diving of the NC coast together.

Mel :daisysmil

ok all i am going to bight the big one hear LOL , i am in process of booking a charter for all who want to come its going to be out of SC out of little river on the dolphin two reason i choice this dive operator one I am very familar with them and there safty procedures second fast and big boat 65 foot can take 30 divers easy , and has room to sleep on boat if needed anyone to stay cheaply over night ect.
i am planing on end of May or early june , dive teative is U 352 and any other suiggections open too. I want to make this a easy comfortable dive experence for even new divers the U 352 is not a new dive but one that can be done with the proper taining and personell to assist , give me some feed back as please I would like to meet most of you this year some time ,
http://www.dolphindivecharter.com/
i have had a busy year this year with the trouble in fla and so far this alone have over 180 hrs in work and still have half month left so been busy year for me.
I am going to DUI Dog days in OCT 30 th , 31 st up in VA to see if I want to move into dry suit diving .thanks medic13 aka Joe

How would the logistics play out? U352 is quite a ways from Little River, even for a fast boat. Are they going to move the boat north?

If you are considering sites south of Cape Fear, the Hebe is a beautiful dive.

Dolphin Dive Charter is a great operation!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom