Club meeting?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

D

dwright

Anyone want to get together for a "club meeting" type of thing? Maybe figure out some things to do to get the NCWD group a bit more organized? Talk about trips that we might want to consider for the next few months and such? If we get enough interest I can put it on the wreckmaniac.com calendar.

Dwright good luck for years now I have tried to get togethers most don't happen .
I suggested several months ago meeting at my place since i am about middle of the state and still nothing, I think it would be great to all meet even during the slow part of the season then we have idea who is who when maybe we could all do a big dive together this spring like end of may or early June .

I'm down for it. I like planning my trips in adanced so I can claim the week-end before my band gets booked for that week-end!

jason

How about setting up a time for an online chat? It's not as fun as a face to face meeting, but it will remove the geographical barriers and allow for some discussion about future trips, etc...

Rich

Dale, I think this is a good idea. If people can meet at Fantasy Lake, I think they can meet in N. Raleigh for a meeting at a restaurant. Get some food and drinks and talk. Problem would be for the folks that live more than an hour or so away. We should find out how many are interested in going and then figure out a place that is good for everyone. I'd be willing to drive about an hour.

P.S. I just figured out who you are, lol. When I did, it was a "SHOCKER"

I'm in regarding the non-diving get togethers. Firefock's idea of a monthly chat may not be a bad idea so that everyone can be included. As for us in Raleigh and the surrounding areas we can still meet for dinner occasionally. We could maybe plan it for one Saturday in the month, or every other month. We could schedule the chat thing once or twice a month maybe via Yahoo. We could pick a day that is good for everyone to get online. Considering how much time we spend on SB during the week that shouldn't be a problem. Just need to pick a day and time and stick with them. Everyone would need to register with Yahoo and put your IDs on your SB profile.

What do you all think?

Mel

Yeah Ryvor it's me :wink:
I used this handle prior to getting the wreckmaniac.com domain...and then adopting the wreckmaniac handle. I agree, I'd drive about an hour to meet...there are plenty of divers here in the Raleigh area that should at least be able to get together some. Kwickert drove from Lynchburgh, Va. to go to Fantasy Lake, so we should be able to organize a "club" meeting.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom