Club Med - what to expect?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not that this has any relevance to the OP's question, but I went to Club Med in Martinique in 1980-something. Part of the attraction was that they offered unlimited access to watersports; most of the attraction was that it was cheap. I remember going directly from water-skiing to see the doctor for my diving physical, expecting a quick blood pressure check. The first thing he said to me was, "Do twenty deep knee bends." I managed to complete the exercise without elevating my blood pressure too much, I guess, because he cleared me to dive. We did it the old-fashioned way, by diving until somebody in the group ran his tank dry, pulled his j-valve, and then all surfacing together.

All in all, my wife and I were pretty happy with the beautiful beach, the unlimited water sports, and the decent accommodations all at a cheap price. There was a slightly sleazy "swinging singles" vibe and the nightly post-dinner sing-alongs to contend with (Hands up!), but I guess that's probably history. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom