Closure of Huntington Plant?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I guess Atomic isn't interested in responding. Plan on any warranty service taking months to complete. Better off going to your LDS.

Hi All

Sorry for the delay in responding as we have had an incredibly busy holiday season. To respond to the inquiries in this thread our turn around time for a service is 2 weeks and we still do the servicing in Costa Mesa, CA (Atomic Factory). We are currently servicing around 5-10 regulator sets a week in addition to all of our production of new regulators. Our standard service price for a regulator (1st and 2nd stage) is $146.90 and for a sealed regulator $187.70.

The one quote I saw of $260.70 is not a typical total and this obviously needed to have more than just our standard servicing. It might have needed a new swivel hose or the body might have needed to be replaced. It is also part of our policy to contact the owner and speak to them about what we have found. We always let the owner know about any additional fees before proceeding with the service. There are instances where we have to replaced parts that are not included in our standard service kits, just like any other dive shop.

The differences in servicing at the factory is that we are able to put the serviced regulator back onto our diving machine and make sure it is breathing to the same standard we hold for our new regulators. Also, we replace items like the front cover/exhaust valve to make it look great as well as perform great.

Thanks everyone for the interest in Atomic!

I guess Atomic isn't interested in responding. Plan on any warranty service taking months to complete. Better off going to your LDS.

Last edited:
The differences in servicing at the factory is that we are able to put the serviced regulator back onto our diving machine and make sure it is breathing to the same standard we hold for our new regulators.

I am curious to buy an Atomic regulator. Do you have a picture of your "diving machine?"

Thanks Scared Silly for the help...That was the pic I was going to pull from our archives. That picture is of our production manager Chantrea testing a B2 on our ANSTI machine.

The handle to her right is the chamber door. That closes and seals. It will pressurize and dive the regulator to 165 feet. A graph appears on the monitor and allows our technicians to record every single regulator that we manufacture and repair. It's an amazing machine!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom