Closeups

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveLvr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
While on my last dive I was talking with a guy with a DC 1000. He had a closeup lens that snapped right onto his housing. The lens would also snap onto my DC 800 camera housing. I checked online to get some info on the lens and read the lens is good for most of the SeaLife cameras but not the DC 800. Apparently a close up is built into the camera? Where is that feature? I looked through the manual and nothing was said about that closeup type of photography unless her feature is part of the digital zoom. ANy help?

DiveLvr

While on my last dive I was talking with a guy with a DC 1000. He had a closeup lens that snapped right onto his housing. The lens would also snap onto my DC 800 camera housing. I checked online to get some info on the lens and read the lens is good for most of the SeaLife cameras but not the DC 800. Apparently a close up is built into the camera? Where is that feature? I looked through the manual and nothing was said about that closeup type of photography unless her feature is part of the digital zoom. ANy help?

DiveLvr

It was a Macro lens? Are you sure it wasn't a wide-angle lens?

I have the DC 1200 and it comes with a wide angle lens. Don't know of any macro lenses for these cameras.

I am looking for tips on getting good crisp focus close-up shots. In Cozumel I was trying to capture some of those beautiful little sea slugs - maybe a half inch in length. Everytime I moved in for a close up I couldn't get good focus.

Any help?

I have the DC 1200 and it comes with a wide angle lens. Don't know of any macro lenses for these cameras.

I am looking for tips on getting good crisp focus close-up shots. In Cozumel I was trying to capture some of those beautiful little sea slugs - maybe a half inch in length. Everytime I moved in for a close up I couldn't get good focus.

Any help?

You're probably talking about Flamingo Tongues (little yellow ones, right?). Set the camera to macro focus and you should be good to go.

Any help?

These little buggers?

Attachments

• PICT0379.jpg
    PICT0379.jpg
    436.2 KB · Views: 54
  • PICT0752.jpg
    PICT0752.jpg
    341.5 KB · Views: 36

Back
Top Bottom