Closest diving to Ubud???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JonnieB:
get a grip and look at a map of bali...ubud is up in the mountains dude...i suggest the nearest hotel swimming pool or mountain stream. there are also some large lakes up in the bali mountains and maybe some volcano crators.

Hi Jonnie!
Have you ever been to Bali? This will be my 7th time there. Ubud is not in the mountains. Maybe I can help you with some info if you want to know about the island.:wink:

Pamela

no pam, i have never been to bali before, i dreamed-up my two reports on bali diving and posted them on this forum (look 'em up why don't you) by meditating at a hindu temple up in the mountains near ubud :10:

JonnieB:
no pam, i have never been to bali before, i dreamed-up my two reports on bali diving and posted them on this forum (look 'em up why don't you)

Hmmm, is there a lot of helpful information like you gave me about diving in an Ubud mountain stream or a hotel swimming pool?

Maybe later...

Ubud is a great base for Bali. Padang Bai would be a perfect place to dive from. You can stay there for a few nights for anywhere from 3.00 US a nite to 50.00 US a nite. Water worx and Gekko are both good.
Many great dives nearby. I have an apt in Ubud but am diving in East Timor at the moment. I dive Padang Bai often and really enjoy it there. Lots of beach front restaraunts etc.
Check my site for additional info.

hee hee. anybody feel like teling me where to shop in October? Ubud. carvings?

Catherine...

Where NOT to shop in Ubud? The streets of the place are absolutely packed with little shops w/ Balivendors popping out of them saying "Madam please have look!" "Where you from?""You want sarong?" Because tourism is down is down and gas prices up in Bali the vendors are a little desperate.

The quality of their arts and crafts is, in MHO, unsurpassed; don't let shops packed to overflowing with product let you think it's junk, mostly it's just not displayed well.

Also, be ready to haggle because the first price they give you will most likely be twice over what they expect to get.

Have fun Catherine!
Pamela

There is one dive shop in Ubud on Jalan Hanoman not far from the Perama bus station on the other side of the street but you are much better off driving to Padang Bai yourself. You can get there in about an hour and return in the evening. No worries.

Dive Tepekong, Gili Biaha, Nusa Penida, Mimping. Even the blue lagoon has some great stuff.

It is best to have an international driving license or an Indonesian one to avoid police hassles.

Tegallalang is the best place to shop near Ubud.

Pickle

Where is Tegallalang?

We stay in Pengosekan, along Hanoman, behind the Arma in the padis- we hear the gamelan and kodok at night. The notorious Mr Jackson is our neighbor, do you know him?

Sampai jumpah nanti, mungkin

Hi again. Just got in an hour ago from Kupang, Timor. Just take the road north towards Kintamani. Go to Jalan Raya past the BCA (Bank Central Asia) to the stop light intersection. Take a left. Along that road for 15 kilometers there will be shops on both sides. Some tourist outlets in Kuta and Ubud get a lot of their merchandise from these guys. If you are out for a drive you can follow the road to where it ends at Danau Batur (big volcanic lake)
You could also use one of your weekends to drive up to Tulamben (wreck) and spend a few days there.
Have fun!

Just in case anyone hadn't considered it, there are parts of Ubud and journey that are easily 500m+ above sea level.. Stay safe out there gang!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom