Close call with wildlife!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had a roach scuttle out of my thigh pocket on my wetsuit a couple of weeks ago when I was in Dahab, Egypt.

I do know of someone who discovered a dead roach in his Sofnolime when he was emptying it after a dive :rofl3:

I have found a dead roach floating in my tub as I was soaking my gear after returning to Canada from an "exotic" dive trip. We don't have roaches here so horrifying even though blessedly dead.

as I rinsed out, a white tail spider emerged from its hiding place.
Where was the hiding place?

Spent a little time in Alaska where you had to worry about wolves in Valdez, being attacked by bald eagles at the Dutch Harbor post office, and being stalked and eaten by polar bears in Barrow, and that's not even close to the stuff that wants to end you in Australia. Seems everything down under is venomous, poisonous, or hungry.

To be fair, I didn't almost get attacked by an eagle although they were around and giving me the side eye, and I saw no wolves or bears. Locals who were carrying guns and looking over their shoulder said they were around though.

Glad you didn't get bit.

We have tree frogs that climb into our booties, or BCDs, or wetsuits when we hang them up to dry. Had a couple pop up once we were in the salt water and start swimming. I feel bad for them there because between fish and sea birds they'll never make it.

shore dives with entry or exit through areas with sunfish or bluegill nesting...... you will proceed with caution....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom